darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Thursday, October 11, 2007

279 - to know or not to know

The interview went well I think. I was my usual charming self. I arrived early and was worried about getting a parking ticket. The meter only allowed for an hour at a time. That's OK. I didn't find a ticket on my windshield which was surprising as the car had been sitting there for about an hour and change.


It lasted around an hour and there were 3 people on the panel. We laughed, we made jokes and I was myself. I didn't lie or make things up and I didn't suffer from verbal discharge of any kind, I didn't ramble on which usually happens when I'm nervous.

I answered the questions as best as I could. There was one question that I really couldn't answer. It wasn't one of those things I could have fluffed through either. So I was honest and apologized and said I wasn't familiar with it.


There were a few questions that I'm sure I could have answered better and realized after how I could have improved. Too bad I didn't know all of the questions beforehand. However most of them I practiced with help from D so I felt great that I had an advantage. I even recalled some questions from past interviews which came up so I was stoked about having thought about it.

Oh and on the side. I found out that I could get text messages whenever I got an email in my Inbox. I signed up right away and sent myself 2 test emails to see if I would get them. Indeed I did. I also didn't read the terms right away and so I just sent myself messages at 5 cents per message.


I thought it was a good idea, though now that I realized how much email I get sometimes that it might not be worth it. It if were a free service Id be all over it.


I'm a big fan of knowing I have mail. Anything to distract me from work right?


Back to the interview. D knows one of the guys that was interviewing me and he'll try to find out how I did. I'm not in a rush as I'm worried I didn't do well but it would be nice to know if I did. I know, strange train of thought. I think this might fall under ignorance is bliss. But D is right in this case its better to know.

Ill find out in 2 weeks how I did. If for some reason I don't find success in this stage I can ask for feedback as to where I might need improvements and so on. Which on its own is interesting as I'm not aware of many companies that do that.

There are still a couple of stages that I need to go through should this be a positive outcome. Just in case of course... Ive started to prepare myself for the next one. Which will prove most challenging. I think. But practice makes perfect.

Obviously better to know

3 Comments:

  • At October 11, 2007 8:47 PM, Blogger Brewster said…

    I wish you the best on your quest. Sadly, I may be in the same position as you here soon. Long story short, I am not happy with the new stuff that they want me to do. It goes against my beliefs, so...

    Best wishes to you.

     
  • At October 12, 2007 3:01 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    Congrats on doing well in the interview.

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     
  • At October 14, 2007 8:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Interesting term "verbal discharge"; that's a great way of putting it. Glad you didn't have any!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home