darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

326 - Treadmills

Second to last day here at J1. The passed 2 weeks have been great. Busy, I probably shouldnt admit this to anyone much less blog about it but I think the last 2 weeks of work for me is worse than Christmas Holidays.

At Christmas time you have your big dinner and then you may have some leftovers for a couple of days. This last 2 weeks have not been great. I'm out for lunch with a few people *almost daily and we eat and drink. After work theres more eating and drinking.

I dont think Im overeating when I do go out. I think its just the fact that its everyday. That and Im not doing the required work out needed to burn the calories that Ive taken in.

Which brings me to going out this weekend and lookng for a treadmill. I would buy one used as there are a lot of people who are selling theirs. Im just not comfortable bringing in someone elses failure into my home. So in a way I am strange.

I would rather start off fresh, clean and new. Should be fun. I am worried though that my legs will become scary looking with all the time I'll be spending on it. I would rather not picture my leg muscles bulging out with veins popping looking like they are about to burst. Ewwwwww!

So thats my latest venture, to get a treadmill.

Treadmill instead of a social life. That seems fair or does it. I guess this way it will make me be even more specific (as Im picky already) about who I want to spend my time with, now that Im making this commitment to the soon to be acquired treadmill.

I dont mind potentially cutting down on my social life with the training coming up as I will be on probation until the end of the year. So I wouldnt want to get into any kind of messes. So my solution is to work out and concentrate on The New Job... and finesse my organizational skills regarding time and The Soup.

Time will tell...

I spoke with the owner of J1 and he offered me a position back with the company whenever I want one and doing something else that he thinks I might do well in. I told him that I appreciate him thinking of me for that position and that I would definately keep it in mind. We also joked about how I most probably will be his bartender somewhere. I also told him that I would keep the stories of his antics quiet. We both laughed and that was another bridge left intact.

Every department now knows that I am leaving and were all getting together tonight at a bar. Should be an interesting mix.

P is sending me text messages from Australia.





*almost daily as there have been a few days where Ive had D for lunch.

3 Comments:

  • At February 06, 2008 8:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think your legs will look fine. Think of tennis players for example - they in great shape and most have beautiful legs.

     
  • At February 07, 2008 12:58 AM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I have been eating out waaay too much. And although I havent really been overeating, I know the feeling.

     
  • At February 09, 2008 11:36 AM, Blogger darling said…

    ** Hi Rocketman, I could think of a couple of tennis players who I wouldnt mind looking like lol

    ** Hi Scotty, Im glad Im not the only one whose been there. Its a phase. Its now over YAY!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home