darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Saturday, February 09, 2008

327 - weekend posting

Thursday Feb 7th was my last day at work. I hardly did any work but I still ended up with great stats for the day. The two new girls were on their way to learning what they needed to know. I still laugh and think that they hired them both to replace me. A bit flattering and a bit high on my horse as well.

I knew they were going to order cake for me which I was nice. I ordered enough food to feed 20 people or so for lunch. It was great. Some of them didn't know it was my last day and it was a great day. Some people cried. I didn't. It was nice.

Wednesday night we went to a bar and I was a little worried it would be a bit nutty but it wasn't. It was just right. The right amount of people came and we all had a great time. My cheeks hurt throughout the night from the laughing. Drinks were replenished quickly and food was hot and tasty.

I exchanged phone numbers with some people in hopes of keeping in touch. I don't have high hopes but if we happen to get together every so often for drinks to fill each other in on whats happening then that would be great as well.

I left J1 thinking it will no longer be where I go the next morning. Wont be the place I call work. Wont be where I see the same people day after day. I didn't feel sad about that. Ifelt sad that I wasnt sure if I would be happy in where I was going. Just jitters I guess. Nothing unusual. People feel this when changing jobs.

Friday morning I didn't sleep in. I woke up at the same time. My orientation was that morning and I was running a bit late. I thought as I was rushing to my car. 'Great, I dont even have the job and Im late for it... nice way to get things off not he right foot. Rushing'

I got there with 15 minutes to spare and safe in the knowledge my car wasnt going to be towed nor would I get a ticket. I bit the bullet and paid the 10$ to park my car in a lot. I thought I was the last one there as there were already about 20 people in the conference room. I was wrong. We waited another 20 minutes before everyone was there.

I was under the impression there would be around 15 people in this class and there was double that. They explained needing that many people as there was a shortage and that there were more people eligible to retire in the company and they wanted to make sure that they adjusted the numbers for that.

So there are 30 of us and the next time we'll be seeing each other is Feb 18th.

I have a week off. Had I planned to go down south. I would have left last night... or this morning. I don't think it will happen. It didn't feel right for a number of reasons. I wasn't sure who was going to come with me. Where I was going to go. If I had the finances to cover all my expenses and theres also meeting all my appointments. Plus as a friend of mine pointed out. I might just be worrying about the 18th and not enjoy myself as much as I would.

Thats OK that I'm not going. Its still nice to fantasize about it and the various people that might have been able to come with. Im not even sure if I'll be going to Toronto.

I worked at the bar last night and it was a little crazy. The other girls I usually work with weren't there and I was in charge. I usually don't mind this but I just was not in the right mind to be in charge. I was looking forward to an easy night of pouring drinks and flirting. This was not the case last night.

My Co2 died on me. So the beer was flat. I cannot have that so I did a switcheroo. There was enough head to go around :) My drain wasn't working and wasn't going to where it was supposed to. I couldn't fix that I wrote a work order for it for the boss. My floors got all wet and slippery. Got someone to get a mop and used it as often as needed. The counts were off and top that there was a secret shopper checking up on us and making sure we were ID'ing anyone who looked under 30. thats right under 30.

I don't know if Ive mentioned that I'm really bad with ages and I think everyone is another age than they really are. So I flattered some people and offended others. Not working with the usual girls and working with girls who I find are not very efficient didn't help.

I have to say that we had the best looking bar last night. We all had great hair. All down and styled. Sexy. I should have taken a picture. It wasn't very busy but that was OK. With all the things that went wrong I was happy about that.

I told those that needed to know that I might have to change my schedule due to getting the new job. I wont totally stop working there. Its a vain thing I guess. I know if I still work in a bar then I must be somewhat attractive. You don't see many bartenders who aren't nice to look at right?

About J3 I will be leaving at some point. Most probably sometime in March. Until then I continue on.

Oh and for those of you wondering.. since I usually don't blog on weekends Im at the library. I get an hour to use the internet so I thought Id blog to update.

Hope yo u all have a great weekend.

3 Comments:

  • At February 09, 2008 11:45 AM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I would be a little nervous about the new job also.. new things.. dont know everything to expect and such.

    I am sure youll do wonderful, sometimes change is a good thing :)

     
  • At February 09, 2008 9:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yes, I was surprised at the weekend post...a nice little treat on the weekend!

     
  • At February 11, 2008 3:24 PM, Blogger darling said…

    ** Hi Scotty, Its a nervous excitement which .. I like for the moment. LOL

    ** Hi Rocketman, I thought it would be taken well :) Hope you ahd a great weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home