darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

249 - tentative

So I had tentative plans for last night with one of my girlfriends. Chances weren't looking great as she was at a funeral all day. I did think she might need some cheering up. Maybe thats not ... proper?

Shes a new cell phone owner. Which ordinarily I have nothing against... (her or cell phones) I think its great she finally has one. I did run through the rules of cell phone ownership.. several times.

Rule # 1 You should always have the cell phone with you.

Rule # 2 You should always have the cell phone with you.

Rule # 3 Don't forget rule number one and two.

(I nabbed the format from the movie Fight Club)

Its not that shes mentally challenged. Shes not. Shes quite bright. We all have our moments I know I do :) We met working together at the airport a few years back and have stayed friends after we went our separate ways from. Now she is bright but cant seem to grasp any of the basic rules of cell phone ownership. Yet.

On numerous occasions, ill call and leave voicemail for her. Ill also be out with her some nights and find out she doesn't have her cell phone. Which brings over her boyfriend to tell her that he called and didn't get an answer so he parked outside until we got back. Apparently he really needed something from her car.

So instead of being with her to hash out details of our lives as we know it. Hes sitting around being antisocial. Which puts me in a pouty mood and kind of makes me want to just get up and leave and leave them both together.

I don't particularly care for people who are always down and can suck in other people and their energy to feel the same way with just being in close proximity. Energy zappers. Blech. They can all congregate together and suck each other off. HA! (not to be crude)

So anyway that night was a write off. Id have had more fun at home by myself. But that's not what friends do right? They stick it out and chill and relax and enjoy the wine. Thank goodness for wine. It was a nice Cabernet Shiraz.

So last night? Called and was annoyed that I didn't get a call back at all. All night. I felt like I was dealing with a boy. A boy who doesn't call back. Kind of reminded me of R from way early in my blog. But this time its one of my girlfriends. So I was all geared and dressed to go out.

Had a sundress and a light sweater over top. No phone call. I put on Hitch on DVD and don't pay too much attention to it. So I redo my nails. As they are drying I get a phone call from my sister and just like that I have plans. Shopping. We go pick up a couple of things and look at different styles and compare prices.

My phone rings and its B2 who I have to cancel a coffee date with for Thurs/tonight. Something came up and Ive been promising to go to it and I should, otherwise it wouldn't look good. So I reschedule with him for next Monday night, same time and place.

I tell my sister about it and shes coming as well. I need an ally. Another female that is. I don't imagine it will turn into a late night tonight but its possible.

I missed a call by less than a second and D thinks I'm screening my phone calls again. Silly really. I think he just likes to tease me. Speaking of teases. I want to see him again and I get excited when we do see each other.

Yesterday made us both laugh. Those big belly laughs that bring forth tears. It was hilarious. In the middle of the day after not hearing from him for a while. He sends me a text message saying.

D - What are your plans for tonight?

Now ordinarily and to anyone else this would seem innocent and simple. Someone wants to know what I have planned. But for me in my big state of euphoria that hes yet again distracting me from work. I reply with... as I am thinking the following...

My thoughts... OMG I sooo hope we can either go out, sit on a patio, have a few drinks or not or just talk. Or that he comes over and does that thing he does which makes me do that thing I do :) Maybe he wants to come out with my girlfriend tonight? Ohhhh the possibilities :)

Darling - I'm going out with one of my GFs... I'm excited to know why you're asking and what you might want to plan. Ideas?

I'm on a small rush of possible excitement. Waiting. In anticipation. I'm all giddy. Girly. Giggling.

And then it hits me. Ohhhhh hes soooo teasing me! He got me. I'm hit. I'm hit.

I call him immediately and he doesn't say Hi. Hes just laughing. Which makes me laugh too. Because I really did think that something was going to happen that night. I really thought that he had some idea of him coming over or something. His laughing cleared it up and gave us both a good laugh.

When I could talk I said. 'I totally fell for it' Which made him laugh. Have I mentioned that I really like his laugh? It makes me smile.

D - 'I sent it to tease you, I was just typing out a reply for you.'

Darling - I sooo fell for it. You don't know how excited I was... you really know how to tease me don't you?'

It was a great conversation. Garsh... I do like him and he knows it. Thank goodness its not a secret anymore :)

PS the thing with tentative plans are just that. Its tentative. What's a girl to do? :)

Out on left field. July passed by fairly quickly. Ill have to pay rent again. Imagine that!! LOL Time really does fly by when youre having fun. It is fun isnt it? :)

4 Comments:

  • At July 24, 2007 11:12 PM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I felt like I was dealing with a boy. A boy who doesn't call back.

    Urgh.. just what you need from a girl friend.

     
  • At July 25, 2007 3:25 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Scotty, tell me about it. It was kind of strange to be going through that with a girl friend.

     
  • At July 26, 2007 1:47 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    It's weird that I read this now. I left my cell in my car this morning and didn't realize it until I was in the middle of this meeting that I couldn't walk out of.

    I retrieved my phone a couple of hours later (when the meeting FINALLY ended). I missed one call from a number that I didn't recognize.

    It wasn't you, was it?

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     
  • At July 27, 2007 1:22 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hello Frank :) Hmm must have been a long meeting, I made that call really early. I was hoping for a date for brunch :P

    Hmm out of curiousity was the number that showed up 867-5309 (smile)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home