darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Monday, November 12, 2007

289 - thinking ahead

I found myself a little tired from all the running around and searching Ive been doing lately. Feeling lost without my planner which somehow went missing put me in a mood to just want to sleep and wake up to a planner lying on my pillow.


I was tired. I went out for dinner with heartbroken coworker. Hes just a friend BTW. Though hes alluded to being more than a friend. He just wants to be more. Though it wont happen. I know he teases me about it, but to every tease there's some truth to it. Most times :)


We tried out this new restaurant that he hadn't been to. It was my second time there so I was still holding out my opinion on the place. I enjoyed the food and the company. We caught up on things and it was a good evening.


I went home and did the usual arriving home routine. I took The Big Dog out for a walk and made sure to bundle up warmly. It made me think that The Big Dog should have a sweater to put on as it is getting colder outside. She has her rain gear. I call it her cape. I don't think she likes it very much as she tried to pull it off with her teeth. Quite amusing for me to watch her go around in circles. Though I'm sure not so amusing for her until that is we get outside and she realizes that there is some sort of protective cape around her that doesn't get her so wet.


Back home and after feeding her I put on a DVD, The Fifth Element. I paused it to talk with D who is calling from a payphone. His cell phone wasn't charged and he was left to use payphones to get in touch with me during his breaks. This tells me a couple of things. That he knows my cell phone number by heart. I cringe to admit that I don't know what his cell number is off by heart. Its saved on my cell phone and all I see and know is to answer or scroll down to D to call or answer.


The second thing it tells me with his phone not being available for use. He doesn't have to call me and didn't have to. So the fact that he did. Makes me think that he was thinking of me and might even missed me. Enough to call me while he could be doing other things.


Its a reminder to both of us that were so connected and dependant to and on our cell phones. Sometimes when I head down to the parking garage in the morning and realize that Ive left my cell phone back in my apartment I will gladly be late to work than go a day without my cell phone. A little scary.


So I was thinking about this new Laptop Ill be getting. I'm wondering and debating on getting that or should I just get something portable like a Blackberry. I'm planning on bringing the laptop around once I get it. So to be more efficient and practical would I be better of getting a Blackberry or bringing the laptop around.


There's the drop factor. Id of course prefer not to drop either. But I think the BB would be the better candidate to drop. I don't know much about how they are built and if LT can withstand being dropped and as often. I know my cell phone, my previous cell phone that is didn't take it kindly when it was dropped.


I guess it depends on what I would use it for. I'm wondering if depending on what I want to use them for. Which would be better. I probably should have thought of this earlier.

2 Comments:

  • At November 13, 2007 7:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    A friend of mine writes notes as reminders on her hand. I call it her blackberry.

    It's true, we've become so dependent on our cells. If my SIM card went down, I'd lose several numbers that I haven't bothered to store anywhere else as backup.

     
  • At November 16, 2007 2:41 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Rocketman, on her hand? lol Once I get the laptop Ill play with the two together and see if I can send all my info stored to the PC. Wish me luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home