darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Friday, December 21, 2007

309 -

Ive yet to start packing. I have ideas of what Id like to pack but Its just a matter of me doing it. Some things came up yesterday and I didn't come to work at all.

Every things OK.

I did want to share that I did get my passport. I failed to mention it earlier this week as I did get it on Monday. YAY! The trip continues!!

I just have to pack. I'm some ways I feel like not packing anything maybe a carry-on of the essentials. That's it, that's all, nothing more to complicate things.

Its starting to hit me that I have to pack. But even before I pack, I have to cook Christmas dinner this Saturday which means getting up early to have it all ready for the evening.

I'm looking forward to the New Year where so far it looks like not a lot of things are planned. So far. I can feel it. Its going to be a great year!! :) I know there will be ups and downs but I'm still pretty excited about it all.

I haven't yet used the microwave. It sits on my kitchen counter bright and white and brings a smile to my face when I look at it. Then of course I roll my eyes which makes me laugh out loud. Those are the best gifts. The ones that keep you going long after you get it. I think the microwave will be one of those things.

Its funny as now Ill be getting something for him. Well Ill be getting something else for him. I got him a radio/flashlight with its own generator that you wind up if you don't want to use the batteries.

When I gave it to him I could tell he wasn't expecting anything. He even told me that we weren't going to do Christmas presents for each other. But I had already gotten it for him. So a bit put off. I didn't wrap it or do anything special. I just took it out and handed it to him while we were getting dressed after dancing the Mambo at my apartment.

I said. I know you didn't want to do Christmas presents. Its not wrapped and Christmas isn't even close. I know you were looking for one for the longest time and I found one. I thought you might like it. Kind of very HA! I heard what you said but I'm giving this to you anyway So There!

I handed it to him and finished getting dressed. But out of the corner of my eye I could see him looking at it in his hands and smiling. One of those stupid smiles that you cant get rid of if you tried. Just a happy smile. Which made me feel better for getting it for him.

That's when I thought it wouldn't matter if I got anything. It was just nice to see him smile that way. On our way down the elevator I could see him testing it out and still have the smile on.

The reason I'm getting him something else is that he no longer has that gift. Its been lost. I don't think he would have done it intentionally. These things happen. When someone has something new its not something they think of to take with them when they go.

Just like my ear muffs. Another post on that one.

So Ill be getting him something else. Nothing too out there or too personal. Just something that I think he needs and will use and hopefully not lose. Though if it does happen again :) lol Ill tie a string around his finger to remind him.

To pack, I have Sunday and Monday to do so. I have my passport now so I an fly anywhere and if anyone wants to send me a plane ticket somewhere hot, that would be much appreciated. Unexpected but much appreciated.

There's something else I want to share but I cant think of it at the moment.

ARG!

Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

  • At December 22, 2007 1:35 PM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I still have to pack, but I am not getting on a plane... and I don't need a passport :)

    I would probably have done the same thing with the microwave, I think its well-deserving.

     
  • At December 22, 2007 3:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm glad you got your passport...one less thing to worry about.

     
  • At December 24, 2007 3:48 PM, Blogger darling said…

    ** Hi Scotty, Pack already :) I am tonight. Priority #1.

    Yeah, I kinda really like him... the microwave ;) lol

    ** Hi Rocketman, One less important thing to worry about :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home