darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Monday, November 09, 2009

387 - online dating

Online dating... what was I thinking!?

So theres this guy. J3.. I dont know how many Js Ive got in the soup so Ive picked J3 for this guy. Never met him but weve exchanged a few emails, had a couple of chats online. Not bad, got an OK vibe. Then my life gets busy and he doesn't hear anything from me because NO ONE hears anything from me by way of the world wide web as you all know and can attest to.

So I come online this one time and he freaks out on me saying I have deleted him off of my msn and he knows Ive done it and that he doesn't think its cool. I wonder who the F is this as hes got a total different screen name and wonder who it is. Apparently that wasn't the right thing to ask so he continues to rant and I continue to rack my brain for anything with that screen name.

I come up empty until he answers my question of who he is. J3 he says :) I reply with OMG I know you and continue to give him a point form version of everything we've talked about sometimes in verbatim to prove that I haven't forgotten him

It doesn't do any good as he thinks I'm wasting his time. Why does he think I'm wasting his time? Because I haven't sent him a photo of me. Online. I haven't sent him proof that I am female... but Ive asked him if he wants to call me on the TELEPHONE so we can speak and talk there and move it from the world wide web to other forms of technology.

I understand that people want to know what the other person on the other end of the screen looks like and I have a shy streak a mile wide and I'm not comfortable with what some people might do with my photo, not that its all WOW but because I am a private person and I don't 100% know what plan they have with my photo.

So I delay that for as long as humanely possible, and this differs from person to person because some people have low thresholds and others have higher thresholds of patience and understanding.

So far online dating has been interesting. Why you ask am I doing this? Why not. I caved and joined and now I am no better than the millions of people that are out there. Searching for...??? I'm honest in my profile and say I have no clue but still they come en masse to my inbox.

I shall share my online dating foibles with with world or those of you who enjoy a chuckle or few in my expense.

Lesson learned from J3... men are more sensitive that I thought... Or men are still only after one thing :) The great photo album.. better than the mental spank bank.. this one you can flip though!

PLS NOTE... there are more lessons that Ive learnt. That's not the only one :) and not all men are like that I know :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At November 11, 2009 6:06 PM, Blogger Frank said…

    My Darling,

    Well, it's finally happened. The soup has finally gone virtual. I suppose it was inevitable.

    On-line dating has its definite advantages, if only the fact that its one of those things that one can generally do from the office. Although, gauging people can be a lot harder without all of the nonverbal communication that is a huge part of our humanity - which is particularly important in the most basic of human arenas, such as dating.

    In my opinion, this J3 guy sounds like a total loser.

    The good news, however, is that your in-box is overflowing with other (presumably better) options.

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     

Post a Comment

<< Home