darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Monday, October 23, 2006

101 - venues

My girlfriends and I are going to a singles meet and greet ... gathering. I don't know what else to call them. Its being held downtown and I hear there are about 120 people that are signed up for it already.

Ive never done anything like it before and really have no expectations which is the best way to go into things like this. Just go with the mindset that I may meet interesting people. I'm thinking of the part of the brain that holds topics of conversation in the small talk dept. It should be interesting and fun! :) Something new!

I think Ill be looking at it more as an observer and not a participant. Its new to me so Ill want to look and see whats happening. I don't want to miss anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so It was 5$ Martini night as well. At the end of the night and minus 120$ I'm glad I didn't pay for all the drinks I had otherwise Id have been more than nicely buzzed and minus a bit more that 120$ lol Id say the night was a success. We had a few drinks on the house due to some flirting with the right bartenders and some fashion tips traded with our waitress. I enjoyed the people I went with and the people that I met. Well.. it was nice that they made my martini strong. I wasn't wasted, I was nicely buzzed. :) In a feel good way. I didn't do anything outlandish or forward like flash anyone (I know you guys are disappointed!) Maybe another time.

It was interesting because I think I was one of the youngest people there. I was so into watching everyone that I think people misunderstood my gaze for.. well.. interest. That was fine. It just gave them an opening to come up to me and say 'hi' and ask me questions about what was on the list. They had given us this list as conversation starters. I felt silly walking around with it so I just went around and said hi to the wallflowers because well... why not? Most of the people I talked to were older so I didn't feel uncomfortable.

It was interesting to see how people handled themselves. I was interested in how I was handling myself LOL I went with 2 of my girlfriends and it was fun, they enjoyed themselves. I didn't really meet anyone that I just had to had to meet again so I went around talking up my friend which I hope didn't hurt anything.

I would go again. I wouldn't go alone though... or maybe.. I will.. why not? So our next plan is to check out those speed dating places/sites. Ill of course let you know what happens at that time.

I think its a lot of fun to try now and different venues of meeting people. I don't go expecting to meet Mr Forever. Maybe not even Mr Right Now. Sometimes its nice to just meet someone period. No expectations for anything.

So don't go saying no to new and uncharted ideas and venues to meet people. Take a chance!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At October 23, 2006 4:03 PM, Blogger George said…

    Just your mind would be enough to attract any man with a brain and if your looks are as good as your brain then I don't understand why there aren't 100 guys lined up to date you.

    If not then I'll throw my name in and I'll be first in line LOL

     
  • At October 24, 2006 2:11 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi George,

    Maybe not 100 that would be silly... About 25 or so.

     
  • At October 26, 2006 2:24 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    Okay - this question is wracking my brain. You don't have to answer, but I have to ask or I'll go batty.

    What did you spend $120 on?

    Martinis were only $5 each and I can't imagine you drinking 2 dozen of them in 1 night (especially since you weren't paying for all of them).

    I'm sorry for prying. It's just that once upon a time, I used to be a stock broker and a part of me still keeps a running tab on numbers like that.

    You don't have to explain, but if I hadn't asked then it would've been running through my head for awhile.

    Anyway, I'm glad you had a blast.

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     
  • At October 29, 2006 1:03 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Frank,

    LOL Im sorry that youve been wracking your brain all this time. I understand if it hasnt been all this time *smile*

    120$ was spent mostly on Martinis and I made sure to order some food so we wouldnt slosh around in our tummies. I didnt count the free drinks we got. I Lost track after 3 LOL

    its good to have a head for numbers :)

    Im a big believer of getting things off your chest!! :)

    It was a lot of fun... different but fun in its own way.

    Oh oh oh A big Thanks goes out to Linds our waitress! Good job and thanks for recommending my Martini!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home