darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Monday, October 09, 2006

96 -library

I went to the library to return 3 books and I wasnt planning on browsing... I had the time... so I decided to browse. (power of choice) Thought I would find a couple of books to have something on hand if I felt like reading something.

So I started to look through the shelves, thinking that its been about a month since I last went into the library. There were plenty of books that I didnt sign out at that time so there should be a lot of books that I will want to borrow.

Shelf after shelf I went through. I dont know how long I was there for. I dont know what happened in the world while I was looking at covers, flipping through the book to try and get a feel of whether I would like it or not.

I remember walking to the table where I parked my purse and surrounding my purse with books so that if someone were to try to walk away with it people would surely notice the books scattering all over the place when they would try to pull it away. Now if they just unzipped my purse to remove my wallet.. then... the alarm system I had built would not be sufficient. :)

So at one point I counted the number of books I had around my purse. 24. I thought 'Darling, dont overdo it, youll have to manage your time very well if you add anymore to that pile.' I tell myself to check out one more shelf then call it quits.

5 shelves later... I find myself walking to the counter to sign them all out. Im a little embarrassed about the 2 trips I make to the counter. Two because after she scans every. single. book. I look at the slip she hands over and scroll alllll the way down to the bottom and see the Total = 37 (gulp)

OK so why the Library? well... If I were to buy each book at a low cost of 5.00$ this trip to the bookstore would have had me weighing $185.00 less. Multiply that by the number of times I visit the library. I would be a waif and no one wants that most of all me. If I read something that really moves me in many ways or just plain gets me all aflutter. I will buy it at the bookstore.

I guess I went a bit overboard. How was I supposed to know that the last 5 shelves would have books that caught my eye, attention or curiousity!? Yes I will read them all. yes Ill enjoy them all. No I wont lose any and yes I might even talk about a few of them. Maybe find new authors that I must must must start to follow.

I have to say, that every time I picked up a book to add to the pile, I was giddy. Its exciting. Im excited by reading. I like it. No Love it. Im thankful for all the creative people in the world who share their stories. I mean those of you who shared your stories with me (smile) and those authors who I may never meet in any way, shape or form in this life.

I appreciate all your hard work, your dedication, your relentless pursuit of spellchecks. Thank you for taking me away to a place that youve created, for making me feel like I was a part of the adventure. Please know that your words have taken me places that I may never experience in my life, its nice to have a glimpse of that place.

Now hurry and finish writing another book so I can read it (smiling patiently)

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At October 09, 2006 11:23 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    Thank you!

    I had almost forgotten that there are still people in this world who get excited about reading. As someone who has suffered the agony and indulged in the join of writing a novel, you have made my day!

     
  • At October 10, 2006 12:26 PM, Blogger George said…

    Darling ... obviously your purse is not like those I have tried to heft of some other women ... some feel like they have bricks in them LOL

     
  • At October 10, 2006 2:01 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Frank,

    You are most welcome!! I think people should read more. It is exciting!! I dont care what come people say lol

    :)

    George,

    Youd be surprised at what I have in mine. Sometimes it might 'seem' like theres a brick inside. All in perception.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home