darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Monday, October 02, 2006

90 - partner

Ive told someone that I was bad at relationships. Then it went on to not being good at relationships. Then to not having had a successful relationship. Then finally to maybe I dont have a problem at all.

Why would I say something like that to someone? I picked my brain. I found out im scared and insecure. It was an honest comment. Im not comfortable in a relationship because I havent had one that... lasted? That made it? Im not sure why I feel that way.

I think I would make a great partner for someone. I wont go into the reasons why. I started and it seemed like I was putting up an advert to convince those of the opposite sex that I was a gem, that they have been missing out all this time and that they should jump and find me.

Reasons for being a good partner for someone has to be balanced. Someone cant be too this or that, too shallow/vain or too timid/modest, too in your face with wanting attention to a solitary mouse, from too frigid and cold to...well you understand. But I guess when you fall in love with someone it happens and it doesnt matter that they are too this or that because theres something in that person that just... calls to you.Im not holding my breath or anything, but I wonder if someone out there has my number.. and if someone should happen to have it, would I have theirs?

Its not only finding the right balance within oneself but finding the right balance with each other. Maybe my past relationships werent balanced. I know that it was the right decision that I am no longer in those relationships. For everyone.

Oh well. Im not sitting around and waiting for it. Ive got my life to live. People to see and things to do. Or is that the other way around??

6 Comments:

  • At October 03, 2006 12:21 PM, Blogger George said…

    Nice positive post Darling ... you have made a big change.
    Can I have #1?

     
  • At October 03, 2006 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is the call a yodel or something less elegant. Like a hog call?

    Figure me out, yet?

    lol

     
  • At October 03, 2006 4:37 PM, Blogger Brewster said…

    Hey there. Don't push yourself for anything. The right relationship will come along where you will find someone that fits you like a glove and you will know. Obviously, up until now, you haven't had that. So, I would say keep being yourself. That is what matters.

     
  • At October 04, 2006 12:38 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi George,

    Hmmmm let me see... lol

    Hello again Anonymous! :)

    Your identity is safe with me lol I like to think of it as a song that only the connecting people will hear.

    Brewster,

    You are so right. No rushing needed. It will happen some time. In the meanwhile... :) Ill enjoy myself.

    :)

     
  • At October 05, 2006 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Could that be a siren song? I'm crashing already and haven't even had my cup of chai.
    lol

     
  • At October 05, 2006 10:37 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hello Anonymous,

    Siren song it is! :) Must have been a busy day, sleep is good. Hope you slept well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home