darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

86 - perspective

Well, I was trying to get my PC reformatted and it turns out somenoe was overzealous, got a little ahead of himself and decided to try to rebuild ... things. So I am now the proud owner of the same PC although now in various pieces and parts. I have a baggie full of screws that I hope end up back in their home.
I am close to adding buying a new PC to my wish list. Ill have to make do with what I have ... pending its full recovery from its overhaul. If its not one thing its another isnt it? If its not the slight squeek in my car its the PC, if its not the PC its training the new guy at work, if its not that, its wondering where my pink sundress went... where did that one go?

Its good that I dont freak out easily. I Just take things as they come. Or so I like to think. I try not to get myself worked up too too much about something. I just have to wrap my mind around whatever it is that is in front of me and work at it from a different angle. Sometimes thats all it take, a couple of degrees to the left or right, to make something that seemed so overwhelming to become manageable.

I am little annoyed that I dont have my personal PC at my beck and call. The world wont end. The sun will shine again another day. I guess things could be worse. That squeek could be a grind, the guy in training could be an ex lover, the dress could never have exsisted.

I still have access to someones PC so its not the end of mankind. I still get to share these thoughts. Its frustrating though. Not having something available when its always been there. At least it was just the PC... and not my car OR even my family or friends.

That puts things in perspective.

5 Comments:

  • At September 27, 2006 11:19 AM, Blogger George said…

    Have you ever noticed that some people are more freak than geek? I am glad you have some access to post Darling ... you words are always entertaining and make me smile and go ... hmmmmm

     
  • At September 27, 2006 6:44 PM, Blogger Brewster said…

    Too bad you don't live closer, that is a hobby of mine as well. I build and repair computers for people who aren't able to afford new ones.

     
  • At September 27, 2006 7:51 PM, Blogger Hale said…

    ^^^ that's a worthwhile hobby right there! Good on ya mate!

    As for the dress, I have it. ;)

     
  • At September 28, 2006 8:37 AM, Blogger Tony said…

    Don't sweat the small stuff. Take it all in stride. Let a smile be your umbrella. And a bunch more cliches to make you feel better. Wonderful that you keep it all in perspective.

     
  • At September 28, 2006 12:42 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Brewster,

    Maybe you should look for a house in Ottawa :) lol A bit of a climate change Ill warn you. BUT! the PC will be fixed! lol

    *sigh* Im putting off buying one. so many choices!! Not as much as I have with shoes though :)

    Hello Hale!!

    I agree, that is a great hobby. I must rethink mine :)

    Well... I know its not much of a dress...as far as material goes.. but it covers what it needs to cover ;)

    Hi Anthony,

    I think if I lose it,the balance just goes to the birds. I need balance :) Thank you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home