darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Saturday, September 16, 2006

78 - trinket

Hey Baby lets go to Vegas,
Kiss your single life good bye.
Hey baby lets go to Vegas,
Bet on Love and let it ride.


Someone recently reminded me of this song. Its fun and catchy. It stuck in my head for a day or two. Anyway Ive always wanted to go to Vegas, Ive been meaning to go there and stay for a week or two. Things just havent worked out because of one thing or another. Its been rather disappointing, but I remain patient. Things will happen when they are meant to happen, I remain myself and do the things I enjoy. I know it will happen and the timing just has to be right :)
I think it will be a blast... AND I know they say 'what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas'. I however plan on not being boring like those people who wont share... thats right YOU know who YOU are! lol Whoever you are. For anyone whose ever gone there and not shared what happened! lol BOO to you!
I plan on sharing. Why not? I mean... I would hope that I have something exciting to share. Something scandalous and nefarious and of many different areas of... life. Of course Id share the important things like where I stayed and what I saw and what made my eyes open wide and what was funny, silly and human. Its the... little things, the details that I want to share. Ahem.
Is it because people might not have done anything exciting and thus use the line so they dont have to say anything? Just... imply that they did have a grand ol time? :) Im sure some have used it for such, others im sure also have been very very naughty and undiciplined and.. spent... lots and lots of money... on... gambling :P

Im not looking forward to the winter this year and I would like to go away ... indefinately :) Yes I have those thoughts. Why not? We all have thoughts, would that we could, leave our current place of dwelling and go to far away places where our minds have taken us many times during those meetings, or conferences and even more times sitting at the desk facing the window staring out into a world we want to escape, even for a little while.

Happy with just a week or two here and there. Some of us lucky enough to be able to take 3 or 4 weeks off at a time :) We all sit and imagine ourselves elsewhere. Nothing quite compares to when we are actually sitting on a lounge chair scantilly clad while the sun says hello to a sunworthy body, or walking the cobblestones of a small town, going in and out of boutiques, looking for that perfect trinket to infuse all your memories into it.

So when you pick up that said trinket in a few months or years time, the memories will come flooding over you, bringing you back in time...
*sigh* I feel a need for a vacation... soon, somewhere warmer than where I am... any ideas??...... any offers. Ahem. *wink*

10 Comments:

  • At September 21, 2006 1:56 PM, Blogger Brewster said…

    LOL Hey, Florida is always hotter then heck. Come on down.

     
  • At September 21, 2006 2:08 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hey Brewster,

    Great idea, I havent been there either! lol Hmmmm hott!!

     
  • At September 21, 2006 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just checking to see if I could leave anonymous comments. Matthew

     
  • At September 21, 2006 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, goody for me! I went to Vegas for work about a year and a half ago. Indifferent about the strip, but loved downtown! You get free prostitute trading cards and magazines down there, you know. They're fun gifts to bring back for children and the elderly.
    I amused myself with penny slots and free Rusty Nails. I also went to the Grand Canyon...a bit far for a day trip but incredibly worthwhile.
    Don't believe what anyone says about the dry heat not feeling so bad, though - it's oppressive as hell.
    I regret not seeing Cirque or the Blue Man Group.

     
  • At September 21, 2006 3:04 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Mr Anonymous Matthew! :)

    Good to see you!

    Anonymous,

    Thanks for stopping by.

    LOL those gifts would be funny to give to people on the return trip. I hope people had a good sense of humor.

    Gambling a must!
    The Canyon is on the list of things to do when I get there, among other things :)

    Only one way to do it.. feel the heat for myself!! lol

    The Cirque travels. Im not sure if its a particular one that you wanted to see. :)

    You never know, youmay get to Vegas again to see them!

     
  • At September 21, 2006 8:14 PM, Blogger George said…

    Darling ... I was in Vegas a number of years ago and it was a blast. Have you ever seen topless ice skaters ... in a show in a hotel? If you're so inclined there are hookers everywhere. Then there are the "ranches" outside town where they will pick you up in a limo, bring you to the ranch, and return you to the hotel after you finish with a high priced woman ... maybe there are guy ranches as well. The heat was wonderful and so was Death Valley. Went to a ghost town that's been there since the late 1800's.

    I'll take you.

     
  • At September 22, 2006 11:12 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi George!

    I cant say that ive ever had the opportunity to see half naked ice skaters in a hotel.
    So many people and places to see and do in Vegas isnt there?
    My thats great service, to include transportation. Interesting though I may have more expensive I think there is talk of a stud ranch. More to follow on that.
    Sounds like fun.

    :)When Shall I pencil this trip for? LOL

    Ohhh dont tease with trips!

     
  • At September 22, 2006 12:24 PM, Blogger George said…

    Next spring ... you and I ... sorry it can't be for your birthday : (

     
  • At September 22, 2006 9:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Vegas is great... loved living there and love going back. The Grand Canyon is a must see. But how could you ever suggest a traveling Cirque show would be as good as one in Vegas? I've never seen a traveling show, but when they've got custom-built theaters, it's awesome... And don't worry about the heat - stay indoors or go in the fall or spring.

     
  • At September 24, 2006 5:43 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hello again George,

    LOL Ill hold you to that. Its the thought that counts :)

    Hi Steve,

    I thought about the travelling cirque show and thought.. if youve never seen the show in Vegas, you can still appreciate and enjoy the others. AND when you do go see the Vegas show.. Youll still be blown away :)best of all the worlds I think :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home