darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Saturday, September 09, 2006

75 - apple cider

Nice guy, he was running late so he called me to let me know he was stuck in traffic. I said thats fine, ill be here. He comes in and shakes my hand in introduction I tug a little and plant small sweet kisses on each cheek and then he goes orders a coffee for himself. I ordered a cup of hot apple cider. He came back and we talked for a few hours. About anything really. I wasnt sure if I wanted to do anything physical with him but he was very interesting as a person. He owns a few companies and he seems very laid back. He has done extensive travelling in the past and still does when he is able.

He owns motorbikes and loves fast cars. I asked him if he was going through mid life crisis and he laughed and said no. Hes never been married and I asked why that is and he mentioned not having met anyone that has worked out in the long run. We talked about his travels and some of the things he has done. He enjoys jokes... racy ones even, he told me a few and I admitted to him that I wasnt much of a joke teller but I didnt enjoy them. I laughed at those he told. I think I might have forced it a teeny bit but not that he would notice. I still was entertained.

I asked him about what irons he had in the fire and he mentioned opening up a club downtown in Nov/Dec. Sort of like Senior Frogs... but more upscale. He explained the whole idea how and where it came from, gave me some predictions, some ideas of what it will be like.

Honestly I was more interested in how to step into the process and integrate myself into his ventures than I was in stepping in to integrating my body with his. Not a bad looking guy by any means, he has his charm. However I think I was more interested in how he came to be and how he thinks. If that makes sensse. Im sure it would have been fun if...

I felt somewhat ashamed at the way my thoughts were going. Nothing nefarious mind you but more along the lines of how to tap into his mind in a way that I could learn. I think its tough for people to share secrets of success... not always.. there are those that want to share in the process of their success in life.

Its not hard to think of ways to get into someones pants. I find its harder to get into someones mind. Sometimes. Its so much more challenging and brings out different kinds of pleasures. Im not saying pleasures arent to be had if I didnt get into his pants. My priorities were different.

We talked about investing in the markets and what seems to be peoples downfall. How the market works, thoeries and basic assumptions on the crash of 2000. I didnt pretend to know a lot about investing and I told him as much, though I was able to impress him with knowing that you can make money in it no matter if a stock is going up or down. He said most people dont realize that because they focus on growth. I said I wasnt like most people and he smiled and said he could tell. I dont know where his mind was going with that but it was something... telling... maybe.

We discussed the decor at the coffeee shop and kind of took it apart. Due to his creativeness he dissected things and made comments on what was congruent and what wasnt. I joined in and felt somewhat haughty in the process. Haughty in the way that, someone had designed this place with an idea in mind and though they might not be what pleases the masses, he had specific intent to create a feeling of...I dont really know... which didnt sit well with my man of the evening.

It was also interesting in that the changes would have made an improvement. Placement of certain ads, wall decorations and paintings on the wall that wouldnt make sense unless something else was improved on.
I found the evening went well, there were moments of silences which I am ok with. It just gives me pause to see where I would like to lead the conversation or not lead at all. Just enjoy the steam rising from my apple cider.

All in all it was a pleasant evening. Disorienting in a way that I never know what people are thinking, I walk up and out of the coffee shop thinking.. what now? We stand outside and we exchange pleasantries and like seasoned social beings we kiss each other on both cheeks, just like the way I like it. I smile at that because you know how I enjoy that. He makes a joke about me wanting to plant one on his lips. I counter with it would have been due to the height difference that would have made my aim off kilter. We laughed and walked to our respective cars.

I have no idea if I will ever hear from this man again. Though I would prefer to, for non sexual purposes... or am I deluding myself?? Maybe thats what he was looking for and if it was... I dont think he will look far to find a bed partner.

As for myself? I enjoyed the time together. Im better for it and look forward to the next one. Whether it be with him or someone else. It might be longer for me to find someone else with his business acumen. Who knows? I might meet the future Bill Gates! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home