darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

72 - HORROR!!

Ok, heres something I am not proud of. Its something I wish I was never a part of, something that, would that I could, get rid of and never recall again. Its embarrassing and I never would want people to know that.... I am .... affected by something that causes a reaction. Thats right I am unlucky. I seem to have done something to piss someone off for them to have given me this plague. This inconvenient inconvenience. This horror of horrors! This... well you get where I am going ... Its just ... not .. nice!

So I wake up this morning and everything is fine. I go about my day, run some errands, walk the dogs, read a little, did some chores, tidy and the like. All I can say is thank goodness I got all my outdoor activites finished because after I groomed the little pooch to my satisfaction I took a shower and then fed the dogs. I cleaned out the fridge and then started to have an itch. My eye, my left eye to be exact. So I knuckle my eye and that relieves it a bit.

I dont think anything of it until my cheekbone area is a bit itchy too. So I gently rub it. All of a sudden I have a deja vu and run to the mirror. I close my eye and leave it open just enough so I can see. There it is. It looks like a mosquito bite, right on my left eyelid. In my head I curse a blue streak.

I remember the first time this happened (last summer) I was extremely annoyed towards all flying insects that bite. Why? because of all the exposed skin I show, they just had to pick my eyelid?!?! I was livid let me tell you. I found out it wasnt from an insect, but surely a reaction to something. I still havent finished the second part of the allergy test. (more on that later, someone remind me pls) Im sure that will tell me what it is that gives me this reaction.

So back to the present I think 'this thing is going to grow unless I stop it now' What do I do. I wash my face, scrub it clean so a surgeon would be proud. I wash my hands as well to the same extent if not more and lather my hands with extra duty fruity antibaterial cream. There I sit and wait, literally. I do not touch my face, my hands are on my thighs palms facing up.

I can feel the itch grow, I resist. Its so damn annoying and so insistent that makes me want to scratch. I dont, I hold. After a few minutes I stand and look in the mirror again. *sigh* Im not going to win this battle. It is growing. I look to the other side and there is a small dot which soon will grow too unsightly for the public, even to myself.

Though I have taken pictures of the sight to show my family and weve all had a laugh. Why not? It is entertaining. In a sick twisted way. I may not enjoy it happening to me, but I share the things that people might smile and chuckle over.

So now all I have left to do is wait it out. Ive taken an antihistamine to alleviate puffiness, lets hope that helps. I do not usually take anything for anything, not even tylenol if I have a headache. I try to let the body do its job. I have faith in my body. BUT in this case... I like to help a bit with man made drugs (claratin)

The first time it ever happened to me I put myself under house arrest and wouldnt come out of my room It stayed with me for 2 full days before I was returned to my former glory. Its never been that bad again. (ok maybe I didnt lock myself away in my room, certainly my house)

So I will sleep it off and hope that I wont need to call in sick to work for tomorrow.

---------------- NEXT DAY ---------------------

I woke up with my eyes still puffy and it was much better than the day before. I didnt want to call in sick for some reason. So off to work I went, dressed to kill of course. I have to distract them from whats happening in my eyes... so I gave them something else to rest their eyes on *smile*

People close to me that wouldnt miss this abberation in my otherwise almond shaped eyes, I mentioned and engaged in an exchange of 'this is what to do when'...

Other than those I shared it with, there was no one else that knew, unless they just didnt mention it. Which is also possible.

It did make it difficult to spend some face time with someone that I have an ongoing flirtation with. I think he may think I was being coy with my long hair down, flowing over my shoulders and my constant hair tosses.

At the end of the day the swelling had gone down drastically. Thanks goodness. I wasnt back 100% though. The next morning however? I was Golden!!

3 Comments:

  • At September 14, 2006 10:35 PM, Blogger Tony said…

    Darn mosquitos. I hope you're back to seeing fully, completely.
    I'm sure no one noticed as long as you smiled.
    Tony

     
  • At September 15, 2006 12:49 PM, Blogger George said…

    Darling from what I know it would take a massive mosquito to bite you in order to take away anything from your beauty, inner and outer.

     
  • At September 15, 2006 3:28 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Anthony,

    Yes lets say its the mosquitos :) Grr certain death to those looking for a quick tasty meal from me!!

    :)

    George,

    Flattery will get you places. *blush* Thank you kindly :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home