darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

65 - Music

I think Ill share some songs that I enjoy, for various reasons some hit home, some are so far from home, others take me to a different place, others make me want to make it a better place. Some bring tears to my eyes and some make my body sway.

Now be warned, pop culture and I dont really mix. For instance I cannot tell who is singing what on the radio, if say someone were to ask me who, out of The Stones, The Who, Aerosmith, or Ozzy is on the radio. My answer would be a guess.

I dont know who Led Zepellin (Zeppelin?) is ZZ Top or Van Halen, Kiss, Alice Cooper or the Tragically Hip are. I dont know what they look like, if they are a group, singer or whether they are still with us on this earth.

A co-worker used to leave the radio on in the office that we shared and she quizzed me on who was on the radio. I was atroscious. She was appalled but was determined to school me on the legends. Legends?

Ok, songs that I enjoy. For various reasons...

PCD Buttons -its sexy
Ani DiFranco Both hands -its deep
Lisa Leob Stay - its true
All Saints never ever - its nice
Wonderland by John Mayer - nice
A womans worth by Alicia Keyes - its beautiful
Magic stick by ? -its fun
Fast car by ... omg its on the tip of my tongue!
Loveshack by ??
Blue moon by ??
Mariah Carey emotions.. and some others- powerful
Rihanna SOS and Pon de replay - a lot of fun
Ben E King Stand by Me - uplifting
Marvin gaye Lets get it on - OF COURSE!
Brittany Spears Isnt she lovely - made me cry
Lips of an Angel by ??(new I think) lyrics are good
Ms Warwick Thats What Friends are for and some other songs. - true
Nickleback How you remind me - true
Crash by DMB fun fun fun
Moondance by ?? - snappy tune
I will always love you by Whitney Houston - classsssy
Nelly Furtado Promiscuous - sassy
Celine Dion Have you ever been in love -deep
Metallica Nothing else matters - I can play part of the song on the guitar
Power of two by ?? - makes me smile
Lonestar Amazed - pretty
Save a horse ride a cowboy by ?? fun
D Morgan Lets dance - fun
Michael Buble quando quando quando - nice
Andre bocelli ... some song title
INXS more than words - tissue anyone?
Under the boardwalk by ??
Waterfalls by TLC - good lesson

Lots more songs that I enjoy, thats just a sample :)

Im all over the place with this, does that help give you a better idea about me? or does that really not help?

8 Comments:

  • At September 05, 2006 11:42 PM, Blogger Tony said…

    Fast car - Tracey Chapman song, but done better by David Usher

    Loveshack - The B-52's

    Moondance - Van Morrison song most recently done by Colin James

    Under the Boardwalk - Done by so many, but none better than John Mellencamp

    Can't help you with the others, but I'm sure someone will know.

     
  • At September 06, 2006 2:29 AM, Blogger Hale said…

    Looks like you have a fairly well rounded taste in music.
    It just shows your youth (not a bad thing).
    What you need is a good mixed cd of some songs from those 'legends' to fill in some blanks.
    I think you would like a lot of it. :)

     
  • At September 06, 2006 12:18 PM, Blogger George said…

    "Save A Horse Ride A Cowbay"

    Hold on a spell Darlin' while ah run fer my chaps.

     
  • At September 06, 2006 12:19 PM, Blogger George said…

    Actually it is a good list, I'll share some of my favorites later. And yes it does offer another glimpse into you.

     
  • At September 06, 2006 3:59 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Anthony,

    My my you are a wealth of information arent you. It seemed silly that I didnt recall who sang what. I remembered them all when I read your post. Thanks :)

    I think youd like 'power of two' by ?? lol Ill dig it up somewhere.

    Hale... Hale! (get it?) LOL

    By legends I am guessing, those on my post that I wouldnt know right? :)

    George Goerge Goerge,

    I will need proof that you are indeed a cowboy. Ive had some that have tried to impersonate them in the past :)

     
  • At September 06, 2006 4:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good list... Some I like myself, some I've never heard of.

    I've gotta say that song "Lips of an Angel" makes me laugh out loud! I dont know if it's supposed to be funny, but the whole visual of the guy talking to the other woman while the girlfriend is in the next room is great...

     
  • At September 06, 2006 6:42 PM, Blogger Hale said…

    Oh yeah, I forgot

    Power of Two = INDIGO GIRLS

     
  • At September 06, 2006 7:43 PM, Blogger darling said…

    OMG Thank you! Love that song. I think if any of you havent heard it :) Find it :) If I can find the CD I will try to be techy and find a way to put the song on here somehow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home