darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Thursday, August 24, 2006

61 - golden nugget

Gold nugget

You cant change another person. You can have them do things a certain way for a while. Then one day they just go back to how they were... not to hurt you intenionally (I hope) or make your life miserable. But because thats just what people do. They go back to who they are, not who you want them to be.

* I cant come up with a more intelligent explanation. Ill think on it a while and return.

- This doesnt happen to everyone, SOME people will see the common sense of what you are trying to teach them.

Maybe some people just dont care how to do laundry properly? as in not cramming every peice of clothing in one load. OR that inanimate obects are just that inanimate, as in the dishes that were left on the coffee table longer than 24 hours are not suddenly going to grow arms and legs to walk to the sink and clean themselves... things like that. I am sure you have something you can think of to add.

So yes Ive learned that I cannot change another person. I can only change myself. I changed so much that I lost weight I lost dead weight. 180lbs of man. Hoorah! :) (FYI this was a while back, not recent... a memory)

Those of you who feel pity for the man... Dont you worry. I found him a place to stay. I encouraged him to grow and be a better man. I helped him pack and move.

No regrets on my part. Life is good and getting better because I want it to!

Oh and you cant help those who wont help themselves. Dont take it personally even when you have the best of intentions.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At August 30, 2006 4:20 PM, Blogger afrobev said…

    Yeah you're right you can't help those who wont help themselves. A lot of people only seem happy when they are miserable. Others get dozens of chances at happiness but never take it while some just get a lot of shit and have to deal with it.

    I am going off the point but one day I am sure you will find someone who is not dead weight. He will be right for you. Not in every single way of course but I am sure you can change that xxx

     
  • At August 30, 2006 7:45 PM, Blogger Brewster said…

    LOL Okay, I know some women that need to ready your entry as well. True, you can not change them, so you have to learn how to live with them.

     
  • At August 30, 2006 10:08 PM, Blogger George said…

    P.S ... sorry for making you laugh at work ... hope you didn't get embarrassed or questioned.

     
  • At August 30, 2006 10:12 PM, Blogger George said…

    Damn ... this is my 3rd try at posting this ... it should have been before the one above.
    Something I wrote several times in my blog is just what you say. In therapy I met many people who took their medication religiously but did nothing else to recover. Then they questioned the medications. Here, I am taking these pills but I am not getting better.

    You get out of life what you put into it.

    Be well.

     
  • At August 30, 2006 10:18 PM, Blogger darling said…

    James,
    Thank you for going off the point :) I appreciate it. Someday... It will all come together nicely.

    If someone has never taken a chance, its scary to do, which is why I think people dont do it near often enough. Perception is a very tough roadblock.

    To those on the edge of taking a chance. I say this with all my being.

    'What are you waiting for?'

    Brewster,
    I agree, it should be read but more than that it should be understood :)To fully understand it, sadly its one of those things that most people, men and women have to learn the... longer way.

    Experience is the best teacher :)

    George,
    I had a glorious time being uncomfortable in the spotlight for a few minutes, until the next big thing happened and my laughing outburst was a mere memory to them :)

    I hope you enjoyed it when you first saw it as much as I did.

    Cheers all!

     
  • At September 01, 2006 12:39 PM, Blogger George said…

    " SOME people will see the common sense of what you are trying to teach them" ... you can lead a horse (or any other animal(including people)) to water but you can't make them drink. A very old but true adage. This is especially true of smokers. They all know that smoking can kill you and those around you but unless they are REALLY motivated they continue to poison themselves and others.
    I guess the same can be said for drinkers and drug addicts with the exception being that their vice can off er some false feelings for a while.
    We are an easily addicted society, whether it be drugs, cigarettes, television, sex, high speed, the Internet, your job, etc.. and that's too bad because the reason we should do things is because we want to, not because something inside us (mental or physical) forces us to.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home