darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

58 - eating

On eating healthy. Its not so bad. Im working on what I eat and how much I eat. Nothing complicated. I still have no idea how much of what I should be having in regards to dairy, grains, fuirt and veggies etc...

I just try not to overindulge. Everything in moderation is true. I try have a bit of everything and I do focus on certain things a bit. I dont deny myself anything, though lately I havent really wanted anything really badly. I havent shoved my face into a chocolate cake, nor have I sucked out the bottom of a bag of chips.

I figure with the whole working out thing I am doing. I shouldnt sabotage that by eating unhealthy. So now I have breakfast of cereal and yogurt occasionally half a bagel with cream cheese as a treat.

Lunch is usually a salad, sometimes with chicken. All food prepared the night before. Sometimes fish with rice and fresh squeezed lemon.

Snacks I bring are some almonds, casava chips, crackers and arrowroot cookies. I dont eat all of the snacks each day. Just when I find that my stomach wanders. I give it a treat. One of the above mentioned snacks. It seems to do the trick.

Water. Ive always been a fan of so its not something I have to work on doing more of. I think I do well on that. However its good to be reminded once in a while. Drink water everyone! :)

Its not so hard. Id like to know what I should be eating though. I think when I get the nerve Ill go find a dietician and talk about where I should be food wise and all that. What I need essentially.

Lazy me wants someone to prepare all the food for me so I dont have to bother with it .. just eat and enjoy!! lol I know I have to work for it. It wont mean the same if someone else does it instead of me doing it for myself.

It makes you make time to prepare your food and not just pick at something for the sake of putting something in your mouth. Theres an awareness of why you are doing it, and what good will come of it.

In this whole health wave I am on, its not just one thing that needs to change. Its many things that need to change and work together. I can see howwhy it is a lifestyle change. Those who dont think of it as a lifestyle might not have the results they want? But who am I to make all these assumptions. LOL someone who is going through it I guess.

One issue I am having is.. making sure there is plenty of variety in the fridge and that it is well stocked.so there is always something there that is healthy for me.

Its a lifestyle. Healthy living.

Side note.. a dish someone made that is usally pretty bland was made.. and ever since I started eating healthier.. after cutting down on added anything. I had this dish and must say that my taste buds woke up. SO either my taste buds were overloaded with flavours before and thought it bland and it really wasnt... OR It really is a great dish and I can fully appreciate it now that I have not been bombarding myself with flavour and spice. LOL

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At August 10, 2006 11:27 PM, Blogger Anonymous said…

    Everything in moderation is really healthy.
    I used to eat until I feel satisfied and full before.
    Now I learn to eat 70-80% full and avoid greasy stuff. Potato chips and pita chips are my favorites. =(
    I still struggle against that little devil's voice crying out in my head asking me to buy a bag of those chips home when doing my grocery shopping sometimes.
    Man...I had to fight hard several times because I know that if I happen to buy it, the whole bag could be gone within a couple days. =)

     
  • At August 13, 2006 10:38 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Thats the only thing that I have issues with.. chips lol I understand the struggle :) Now im trying to replace the need/want for chips with ... other things lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home