darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

forty eight - car

I am so reliant on my car its scary. Ive become more impatient since owning a vehicle. It is very convenient. Ive come to realize that if I did not have this car of mine. That I would feel lost. Id feel like I was cheated from having a car, cheated with lost time, thinking I am wasting time. Which really isnt a good way to think. But really, thats what I would think. I feel independant with it.

Sometimes when Im not feeling in a great mood I know I can get in my car and just go. Drive. Keep going and end up somewhere and it helps me feel like I have gotten away for a bit. It might not solve the problem. But for a while as I am driving. I control something. Maybe not the situation, emotions but the car. So,etimes its just the thought of being able to 'go' is enough.

In getting away from it I know that I will have relaxed a little bit. Know that the problem Im moving away from will still be there but my mind will have been able to step back/drive away and then look back on it maybe with a different perspective.

Well. Talking about my car. It needs a new oil pan, I hope to be able to get it replaced soon. Im hoping within the next week. Im due for an oil change and thought it would be a good time to get it all done.

I havent named my car. I know its a female though. lol

Those of you who dont drive a car. Thank you for not contributing to the demise of the ozone layer. I wont make excuses I am part of the problem. There are many reasons why people dont drive any vehicles. Some dont have their license due to it being suspended, revoked, or under age or maybe reached a certain age. Sometimes people just dont need a car as they have everything they need to get to in walking distance. Some people cant due to medical reasons. Some are scared to, some just plain lazy and have to have a chauffeur. Ok maybe not lazy .. priviledged then. LOL

I do recycle. Paper/cans and plastic. I use the reverse side of paper as scrap paper... and I recommend that to people at work. I brush my teeth without having the water running. I turn lights off when they arent in use. 99% of the time. I am thinking of starting a compost out in the backyard. I am undecided. Ill need to do some homework on how to go about it properly.

4 Comments:

  • At July 19, 2006 6:13 PM, Blogger Brewster said…

    My car is my baby, so I know what you are saying. It is an 87 Trans-Am which needs a bit of work, but when I am down, I drive around and feel better. It is an amazing feeling when you are driving. I take the T-Tops out and with the wind blowing all around me, it is just awesome. Enjoy and drive safely. ;-)

     
  • At July 20, 2006 9:57 AM, Blogger darling said…

    One day Ill get a car that I can take the top down on. That would be a lot of fun.

     
  • At July 22, 2006 2:31 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    Being from Detroit, a town obsessed with cars in so many different ways, I completely understand your connection with your car.

    Although, I have to say - kudos to you for all of the other things that you do for the environment.

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     
  • At July 22, 2006 6:37 PM, Blogger darling said…

    I think if conscious efforts are made even to the smallest degree it can only help. Im not perfect by any means. Ive been known to toss things without thought into the trashbin.

    If things continue the way they are, what will out future look like? People wont look within to fix issues, its always someone elses fault.

    Just doing my little bit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home