darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Sunday, July 16, 2006

forty five - wonder

Have you ever watched someone and wondered about them? Been somewhere and someone caught your attention for some reason or another? A stranger in a bookstore, a lady walking in a mall, a teenager waiting for the bus, an elderly couple sitting on a park bench, a jogger going by, couple holding hands or a group of people together at a resaturant.

We all have. We have all seen these people.They are a part of the scenery. Part of the crowd, part of life. Some, will catch your attnetion, others wont. Whether it be the way they move, they way they sound, their scent that you catch as they walk by, the way they feel, and sometimes all you need is to know what they look like.I am an avid people watcher. Great entertainment, low cost, high in thought participation (mostly self thought) and generally very pleasant.

I went to a bookstore, browsed through several sections of interest and went to others that I dont frequent often. Stood for a few minutes thinking of what might interest me about peoples biographies. I thought, would I like to read about someones life? what would I like to read about someones life, the good, the bad, the ugly? I need to know that Ill enjoy the book before I commit to it. I decide that it would be interesting to read about someone elses life only if it was structured and shared things that no one else knew about. Kind of like everything that happened that people might not ordinarily talk about. The nitty gritty , the grey area of their life and there are plenty of shades of grey.

I walk away from that section not satisfied that I will find something like that. I leave it for another day. I am not meant to read someones biography this day. I move to the Psychology section. Why? I want to know about the reasons people do the things they do. What their thought process is and really, how to get into someones head. I see a lot of books that are interesting but nothing like what I am looking for. Instead, a shelf over, I spy a book and pull it off the shelf, quickly flip through the pages and chuckle at some of the things that was on print. I look up and spy a man perusing the various books in the cooking section.

Hmm interesting, I wonder if hes looking for something that will help make him cook something edible because hes awful at it. OR is he looking for something new and exciting to try out because he has exhausted and tried so many others that he wants something new and fresh. I wonder who he cooks for, does he live alone? does he have a family? a girlfriend....*gasp* a boyfriend? *blush*Hmmm hes well dressed. Clean, tall, nice shoes, nice hair... eyes not sure. He could have a boyfrined, (I dont have much of a gaydar) *sadly* His profile is interesting. I wonder what hed cook if I was expected for dinner. What would I wear? I wonder...

I wonder what he does for a living, if he works or if hes made sound invesments and has plenty of time to do aught but live life. Id want to go away on a vacation and be bathed in the sun skin bared with him beside me, talking about anything. I wonder if he goes on vacations much. Does his work let him take time off when he wants to? Where is he on the totem pole of his workplace? I wonder about what he looks like without any clothes on. How would I get him to take them off... insert erotic ideas of any kind *blush* I wonder...

I wonder if he lives near here, if he drove or walked here, what kind of car does he drive? Does he like road trips I hope so, they are fun. I wonder if he plays any sports or what he likes to read. I wonder if he has any bad habits. I wonder if he has a temper and how he handles stress. I wonder if he has any brothers of sisters? If hes close to his family, If the wants a family. Does he already have children? Pets? Plants? I wonder who he is, what he likes and doesnt like like, what makes him tick and what makes him relax. What turns him on and what would stop him cold. I wonder...

I close the book and glance in another direction where I see a man watching at me. I smile and he nods his head and closes his book. I slide the book slowly back in place with a small smile on my face and wonder... what was he thinking about as he was watching me? even if it was for a few moments. What was he thinking? Did he wonder?

5 Comments:

  • At July 16, 2006 4:48 PM, Blogger afrobev said…

    A bit of voyeurism is good for the soul. There's nothing like a bit of people watching to get you intrigued. As long as you dont end up like Jimmy Stewart in the Alfred Hitchcock classic 'Rear Window' and end up witnessing a murder or something. xxx

     
  • At July 17, 2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Brewster said…

    Just be flattered. It is a very nice thing to be glanced at and to be thought of. As I have gotten older, the glances become fewer then what I used to get, but hey, it is still nice to see maybe someone has an interest. Enjoy!!

     
  • At July 17, 2006 9:57 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Afrobev, Ill have to try and dig to find that episode. Ill be careful to make sure to close my eyes at the appropriate moments lol

    Brewster, I am always surprised when I catch someone looking at me. I usually never notice these things. Im sure you get your share lol

     
  • At July 17, 2006 9:40 PM, Blogger Dale said…

    There is something fascinating about people watching and inventing histories for people that may or may not be close to the reality. And yes, there's someone inventing your history at some time or another too.

     
  • At July 18, 2006 2:45 PM, Blogger darling said…

    I wonder what kinds of stories someone has made up for me lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home