darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Friday, July 14, 2006

forty four - baggage

What is baggage? People have it, carry it around, lug it around, toss it or cram it somewhere under the bed or closet. They rummage through it when it suits them, organize it, add more to it, some are good enough to get rid of it, take stock and do inventory, do some spring cleaning and either get rid of the whole thing and if they cant, try to get rid of a couple of things that might have been there since they first found out what baggage was all about.

To be honest. Im not sure if I have baggage. What is it? Im not even sure. I hear people who are looking for a relationship say that they dont want to meet anyone with baggage. Im sure its not the same for everyone. What kinda of examples are there of baggage?

I dont want to sound like I dont have any, I might, I am not sure... I just havent categorized anything in my life to go under "baggage". I might be riddled with all sorts of the stuff after I learn what it really is. Can it only be sensed by other people? Is it invisible to the actual person, do they realize that they have it and carry it? I just dont know.

At what age do people start to accumulate these portable personal carriers? Why wasnt I told about it? No one told me the mechanics of baggage. How it comes about and the process of evolution it takes. The side effects of having it and are there any warning labels to look out for in case someone does have say excess baggage?Are they things that annoy me? There a few things that do annoy me. What is baggage?

Getting the answer to that scares me a little bit, not scares... but makes me wary. As of right now I dont think I have baggage. Once I know what the definition is... what happens if all of a sudden wherever I turn I have baggage suffocating me? blocking my way so I cant move forward? I hear it can do that.

What happens if all the things that I didnt think, was ... IS?

Is there a way to get rid of it? How do I get rid of it? What do I do with it? Do I need it, want it, like it, care about it? What happens if I just hang on to it? Does the baggage go through a scanner like they have at the airports to make sure that things that shouldnt be there arent there?

Is it the things that I worry over and about? Is it the things that I should have, could have done?

Im still confused as to what it is.

7 Comments:

  • At July 15, 2006 10:29 AM, Blogger Brewster said…

    Baggage, well, I have been told that it is many different things. I have been told that it is attitudes or it could be just a children. It is also feelings that you have about certain things, people, etc. At least that is what I am told. Good luck in your quest.

     
  • At July 16, 2006 4:51 PM, Blogger afrobev said…

    Yeah I reckon baggage is simply just someone who is carrying around a lot of emotional crap that would impede on the relationship from the beginning. You know things like kids or abusive ex's, stuff like that. You're off on the wrong foot from get go really because there are too many other people to consider early on. Nice man with no ties is what you need Darling. Good Luck.

     
  • At July 16, 2006 4:52 PM, Blogger afrobev said…

    Not that I am saying that kids are emotional crap because they are not, im talking more about trouble from the ex partner who they had the kids with, but you get my drift?

     
  • At July 17, 2006 10:00 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hey guys,

    Thanks.. that helps. Things that would impede a relationship from starting. Really it could just be anything. I dont mind them too much, I guess its what makes people unique and original. I guess I hope that if I did meet someone with some that theyd be able to work them out somehow.

    I wonder if you can just ask someone out right if they have any so you know upfront instead of later on in the relationship :) lol

     
  • At July 22, 2006 2:50 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    "Baggage" is those things that you can't help but metaphorically carry around with you. It can be anything from kids to past relationships that continue to have an impact on the person you are.

    Life experiences, really. Hopes. Fears. Concerns. Dreams. As you meet new people and do new things, it impacts you in all sorts of ways.

    And, like it or not, it's almost impossible not to carry that around with you - like baggage.

    Can you ask someone about their baggage? Sure, but it's probably not a good "first date" conversation.

     
  • At July 22, 2006 6:41 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Oh but wouldnt it be nice to find out what people are carrying around with them right off the bat? Instead of waiting til some time later when you realize its too much or something that wont mesh with your views?

    lol I gues taht would be too easy and some people might not really want to talk about it.

    People should only be allowed to have some not a lot... like... a carry on sized amount instead of those you can check in and can purchase more if the weight is exceeded. LOL

     
  • At July 24, 2006 11:40 AM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    Well, I'm thankful for the fact that most of the women that I've dated, only had a carry-on amount of baggage.

    Although, I'm not sure if I'd want to know what everyone's baggage is right away. I mean, part of the fun in dating is discovering that other person.

    If you knew them that well right off the bat, wouldn't it take some of the fun away?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home