darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Monday, July 10, 2006

forty one - books

For the love of books. Have you ever found a book that you could not put down? A book that just called out to you. Spoke to you. Made you think, wonder and imagine? Made you want to find more like it and just swallow it up, get your hands on it and want your own copy, perfect in its uncreased spine?

99% of the books I pick up make me do all that and more.

Some make me cry. Stories that illicit tears, I find that so powerful. To bring that emotion forth, while reading words put together so well, to coax out the shallow breath, the blood to pump a beat faster, making lips tighten against each other, nostrils flare with the shallow breaths until the tears fall silently down flushed cheeks.

Taking a moment to process the thoughts and reasons for why such a powerful emotion was called. Its beautiful. If I read something that can make me cry. I love it. I find it a great thing to be able to have felt so much from what someone else has created.

Thats not the only reason why I would love a book. Laughter is another. Anything that makes me think, that makes me question, that gets me to feel passionately towards a person, place or idea. So many reasons to fall in love with a book. Reading is wonderful. We should do more of it :)

Most of the time I have a book with me. Why? I do not watch TV (rarely) I do not go clubbing or bar hop (sometimes). Instead of sitting in a waiting room for any reason i'm not left to stare at the ceiling. I read.

When I read, I know and I have been told that I am in my own little bubble. I wont notice someone standing in front of me for a minute. Ill be a bit grumpy if I am interrupted (not always) I rush to do something just so I can get back to reading

I wonder sometimes. Authors spend a lot of time creating this wonderful book for me to read. I wonder if I am doing them an injustice by reading the book in less than a day. Ill be selfish and admit that I crave and get impatient for authors to turn a new one out. I also think that they wrote it just for me lol to make me happy get me to live in another world until I finish it.

Some books really make you think and make you see the world and people in a different light.

Any writers reading this? If yes please let me know your thoughts on readers inhaling your work.

Can reading be a vice? *smile* If so, I have found mine.

Happy reading everyone :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At July 11, 2006 6:48 PM, Blogger Brewster said…

    Amen!!! I love reading especially the ones that I have mentioned like, "Angels and Demons". That was a wow!!!!

     
  • At July 12, 2006 12:36 PM, Blogger Anonymous said…

    Could you please share your top 3 favorite books, darling24_7?

     
  • At July 12, 2006 1:45 PM, Blogger darling said…

    I think Ill go with authors instead of books if thats ok.

    Hard to pick top 3. I really do enjoy everyone that I read. So many authors flitting through my mind.

    In no particular order...the ones that I currenty really enjoy..

    Laurell k Hamilton
    Jaqueline Carey
    Anne Rampling

     
  • At July 12, 2006 1:46 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Ill have to put "Angels and Demons" on my list of books to pick up. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home