darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

thirty seven- first impressions

Im feeling excited and a bit anxious. I want to know if we fit, if we get along, if we are compatible, if we this that and the other. NOW, I am not expecting anything but to enjoy myself and get to know someone else. Those things will cross my mind and in the first 5-10 minutes sadly to say I will know if there is any kind of future. Future for what? Who knows? friend, lover, friend of convenience etc... Time will tell.

Im not sure if there are people who will admit to that first initial meeting of 2 people, knowing within minutes how the relationship will turn out. I cant even be sure myself BUT... I know that first impressions do count for a lot.I dress well. I dress to look good for me first of all, then my partner second. I prefer to look good always, even when there is no said partner in the picture. I enjoy a man who looks well put together. He has to wear the clothes and not the other way around no matter which end of the spectrum he may buy from. Now I will wear shorts and t-shirts and less attractive clothing for say laundry and cleaning lol

NOTE I still look good in my shorts and tshirts. May not be suitable for some places lol but its me who wears the clothes not the other way around. So first impressions do count. Please remember that, when you are going out to meet someone, anyone.

I may be 26 and consider myself pretty modern but I do appreciate the gentlemanly ways of doors being held open, standing to meet me at the table and when I leave to go to the ladies room etc. I am afterall, A Lady. I prefer courteous and well mannered men. Men that are able to have great long conversations on things that I might or might not have personal experience with. Whether it be golf, Europe or Wall Street. Exchanging thoughts, ideas and even the odd debate on certain things.

Flirting is an art. I appreciate and enjoy a person who can flirt. Ill say no more on that. Self explanatory really.

I appreciate a man who isnt intimidated by silence. Someone that is comfortable with himself. Most importantly someone that is honest. I understand some lives are more complicated than others. I dont mind talking about them and giving my two cents if asked. I dont expect people to lay their whole story before me, but at the same time I dont mind talking about my life. Me? Im pretty much an open book.

Hmmmm... what was the point of this post??

3 Comments:

  • At June 28, 2006 4:47 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    I completely agree about flirting being an art. Although, I have to admit reluctantly that I sometimes forget to stand at the appropriate moments.

    Something for me to work on, I suppose.

    And thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog.

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     
  • At September 08, 2006 1:34 PM, Blogger George said…

    The purpose of your post was to enlighten your readers a little more about what makes you love, think, breathe.

     
  • At September 09, 2006 12:53 PM, Blogger darling said…

    I still dont know what the point is :)But its an insight I guess

     

Post a Comment

<< Home