darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

forty seven - family

Ill only ever have one mother and one father. I am very lucky to have a brother and a sister. As much as we quarrel sometimes. They will always be my family. No one else can say that they are my father, mother, brother or sister. No one.They might be some people who are as close. But never be.

If any of you by chance ever read this. I love you. You might not know everything about me and my life now. Thats partially my fault. Some things I know wouldnt be too welcome as common knowledge. You know I get annoyed with you all at one time or another. I will continue to be somewhat annoyed with you at some point. Such is life. I wont expect you all to never be annoyed with me though I know it will be a hard thing to find something about me to be annoyed about *giggles*

I know Im not perfect and I might have had some negative thoughts a time or three. I know that there will never be anyone like you all in my life. Weve gone through some things that wed rather not talk about. Some things that really get us all riled up. Sometimes weve also been divided on some issues. But what I remember most is the way we can all laugh together. Even its at the expense of one another. Its still great to share those moments together.

I probably never said it enough that I love you. I do. I probably never wrapped my arms you enough for a hug. I wish I did, theres still time to correct that. Im sure I could have given you the last cookie, oh wait. I know I did that for sure!! I thank you for going shopping with me and telling me the Gods honest truth about how I looked. Im sorry I couldnt reciprocate. Im kidding. You looked fabulous.

To my mom. As much as we disagree with each other I love you. You will always be there to remind me to turn the lights off and you will always try and figure out what it is im trying to keep a secret. What I am writing or typing. Who I am going out with and what his name is. I know that you care. Through it all. I hope that you know that no matter what happened or whatever was said, that Ill always be your daughter. Ive learned a lot of lessons, thank you.

To my brother. I wish so much for you it hurts. I wish that some things were different and others not so different. Ill always remember the cookie and the two-by-four. I will never forget it. I want you to fly. To soar. Ill always be here for you no matter how you land. If I could choose something to happen. It would be for you to embrace life and all it has to offer. For you are worthy of everything and more. Ive always thought you can do anything you want to do in life. I still do. I love you.

To my sister. I know you are younger than I am. Sometimes I feel like a child when I am with you. You seem so grown up its wonderful and it also saddens me. For I wish that you were the sweet innocent little sister that followed and adored me. (I know you did!) Unhurt by anything and stayed unjaded and free. Life sucks sometimes. Thank you for being close to me, for sharing things and listening with an unjudgmental ear. For yelling at ex boyfriends when I couldnt. Im so sorry that I didnt spend more time with you when I should have. Im sorry for making you feel anything less that loved. Im sorry for the times when I seemed too self involved. I could not have asked for a better sister. For you I also wish the world. I wish for you to be showered with love and tenderness. For health, wealth and happiness. Most of all, understanding, of yourself most of all and of others. I wish that all the things I have learned in my life so far that I have been able to share with you, that you keep them in mind. That you follow your dream, follow your path to greatness. I love you.

To my dad. Im so sorry to have disappointed you on occasion. I know you only want the best for me. For us. You have given so much of yourself that I want to make sure that I can do what I can for you now. I know were far apart and I know that the love you have for us is still there still strong still growing. I cant imagine what its like to look at your children and imagine what it is you are thinking. I just want you to know that I love you. Through it all I love you. No one else has been on my corner like you have. I have no words to say how much I appreciate all you have done for me, with or without my knowledge. Ill only know how much when I have my own children. Ive learned lessons even though some of them came to fruition years after an incident :) Thank you. I love you. Be safe.

There is so much for me to write about my family. So many things I want to say and share. Even if I dont say it or show it as much as I should. I love you.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At July 18, 2006 9:57 PM, Blogger Brewster said…

    Very Nice. I think we all have the family problems. Or we wish we had said this or done that. My brother and I are not speaking right now because of a stupid thing, but he won't accept my apology. Anyway, love your family no matter what. Thank you for sharing.

     
  • At July 19, 2006 5:32 AM, Blogger afrobev said…

    I think that is the most important blog you have ever written. I think it's also important (and you may have done so already) that you tell your family how you feel to their face. It doesn't matter how hard. It's important.

    I no longer have a mother and father. My mum died ten years ago when I was nineteen and my dad died when I was eight. The worst part is that I never got a real chance to tell them how I felt. The best part is how lucky I was to have both of them even if it was for such a short time. Some people have real bastards for parents. I was fortunate to have a mum and dad that loved me and my brother to bits and worshipped the ground we walked on. They also loved us enough to kick our backsides when we were out of order.

    I wish I could speak to them if only for five minutes. So I think your very lucky Darling to be able to let them know how you feel. I am going to go and tell my brother how much he means to me now aswell as anyone else that's important to me xxx

     
  • At July 19, 2006 8:37 AM, Blogger Brewster said…

    Wow, I have to totally agree with afrobev. I lost my dad when I was 18 and we weren't on the best of terms. There is so much I wish I could tell him, but never got the chance. Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

     
  • At July 19, 2006 12:42 PM, Blogger darling said…

    I agree. It is important. I should be able to tell them to their faces how I feel. I will. After all, sharing is caring :)

    Im sorry to hear about your parents James. Its great that there you were surrounded by love when you were all together.

    Thanks you for reminding me that life wont wait around for me to say and do things.

    Brewster, I shouldnt wait to feel that I should have.... feeling. Ill just say it now while we are all together still.

    I shouldnt wait to talk and do things. No one knows when things will change.

    Thank you.

     
  • At July 20, 2006 2:21 AM, Blogger Anonymous said…

    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, but are felt in the heart.
    Love is sharing.
    Sharing is caring.
    Therefore, Love is caring?
    Umm...i don't know the logic anymore. =)

     
  • At July 20, 2006 8:39 AM, Blogger darling said…

    :) Is there logic to the things that are unseen or felt in the heart? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home