darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Friday, August 11, 2006

56 - granted

Theres something to be said about having great weather. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, theres a breeze in the air. Its very uplifting. It makes you smile even if you have no clue what is happening outside the comforts of your home.

When you step outside and inhale a breath of fresh air. Your world goes from the space in your home to the vast space of the world. Sometimes thinking, I am such a tiny part of this world. Its awe inspiring to think that what you do in your part of the world can cause ripples in other places of the world without knowing OR in your community for that matter.

There is such beauty in this world. Such richness that we arent appreciative enough of. I take for granted that the garbage is taken every week. All the trash that is collected is removed weekly from my life. I start over and pile up garbage to be taken away. Recycled items go out their respective weeks. I take for granted that I am able to walk safely from point A to point B without being attacked, bombed or surrounded by destruction. From point A-B I make stops to little boutiques, to shoe stores, to ice cream stands, to restaurants. All of which I am able to exchange my hard earned money for a piece of something that makes me happy.

I take for granted the relationships I have with family and friends. The way the parks are always maintained. The grass is cut, the flowers pruned, the benches freshly painted.

I cant imagine what its like to live differently. I cant imagine what its like to have bombs falling around my home, my community. I cant imagine what it would be like to live in rubble. To not be able to walk around during the day to pick up anything like food and clothes or even just go out for a stroll for the sake of taking one.

I feel like I live in a bubble unaffected by what is happening in another part of the world. I know it will affect my life in some way. Has already in different ways.

I close my eyes and send this to the One above...Please help those in need, specially those who ask for your mercy.

5 Comments:

  • At August 16, 2006 11:22 AM, Blogger Tom Paine said…

    Thanks for dropping by, I like what you have to say, such a tease!

     
  • At August 16, 2006 5:04 PM, Blogger Anonymous said…

    Wow, this entry is such a reminder of how much we take a LOT of things for granted.
    We do not appreciate many beautiful things that are provided to us.
    For example, the country where I came from, people do not get electricity regularly(shortage). Depressing environment(dusty, trashy, flooded with insects - esp flies and mosquitoes), no systemetic garbage disposal program, dangerous roads(narrow and full of holes).
    It's amazing how people are still using the very old and defected vehicles(which cost more than new vehicles in US).
    There is a gigantic gap between the poors and the riches.
    The education system is a mess as well.
    People are struggling and they are living hopelessly there.
    The country is deteriorating day by day.
    While I'm glad that I got out of that place(hell), I'm sad for those who are living in such a situation.

     
  • At August 17, 2006 6:51 AM, Blogger afrobev said…

    It is good to just be able to look at things and appreciate them for what they are. Sometimes I don't actually stop and look around me to realise what Ive actually got and how lucky I am. I suppose though that when you do stop and look it makes you all the more appreciative.

    Thanks Darling. It's nice to know that I have a kindred spirit in the World

    xxx

     
  • At August 17, 2006 8:11 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Warm stranger, I am glad to hear you are in a better place now.

    Theres such a difference its almost surreal. Its different when you have lived through something like that to how you are now.

    Makes you look around with renewed appreciation :)

     
  • At August 17, 2006 8:15 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Afrobev, theres so much to appreciate. From the flowers to your loved ones.

    :) Heres to kindred spirits.

    Glad to see you back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home