darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Thursday, September 07, 2006

73 - double

I enjoy the double kiss when greeting someone or when saying goodbye. Its different. I dont have any other way to explain it. Its just different. Not everyone does the double kiss. I like doing things that arent normal for people. Why not? It makes me stand out. It makes people think. It makes them wonder.

Why wouldnt I want peoples mind to think and imagine. I may sound a little self indulgent here but it just gives them something else to think of aside from their daily routine thoughts AND if they arent thinking of those and they are thinking of something else.. Why not give them something else to think about?

I know people dont normally do things like that JUST to make people think. Its not the only reason I do it. I do it because I do like it and I like being different.

When I see people who do DK it makes me smile. I do it with my friends when they introduce me to new people and they all are taken aback by this. I just smile because it makes me smile. My friends expect this from me and they are still sometimes surprised by it. Such is the reaction to something new.

Its a European thing I hear. Maybe I am more so than I thought. I DK and I tan topless. Ill make sure that when I start to drive on the opposite side of the road I am in the proper country for it. :)

So if our paths ever cross. Dont be surprised.

6 Comments:

  • At September 16, 2006 1:14 PM, Blogger Kit said…

    My friend is this crazy tarot card/palm reader/astrologist. Everytime he finishes with a client he declines a formal handshake and insists on a "sardonian handshake" which roughly translates into "a great big hug". I guess even hugs from strangers are a little unconventional by our societal standards. I love them though.

     
  • At September 16, 2006 2:51 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Kit,

    Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy things that a little unconventional too.

    Im sure we can all think of something that we personally enjoy that isnt.

    I think everyone should have a crazy tarot card/palm reader/astrologist as a friend. :)

     
  • At September 16, 2006 3:42 PM, Blogger Tony said…

    I've travelled to the Netherlands quite a few times and discovered that they go one beyond the French and Italiens, by doing a triple kiss. I really enjoy that but don't think I'd get away with it here in Redneck Central.
    Double, Triple; it's all good.

    Tony

     
  • At September 16, 2006 3:52 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Anthony,

    Yes there is that. Id love that too. I think maybe once everyone I know has been accustomed to my DK then Ill spring forward and give them another one for good luck :) lol

    get them thinking all over again lol

     
  • At September 17, 2006 12:23 PM, Blogger George said…

    Darling ... you don't have to travel to Europe to experience the DK on a regular basis. Cross the river to Quebec and you'll find that the DK is the norm there. I have double kissed for many years ... I think it's neat and sometimes startles the kissee because they were only expecting a single and start to pull away when you swoop in for the 2nd.

    I wonder where you would plant the 3rd kiss?

     
  • At September 20, 2006 9:32 AM, Blogger darling said…

    LOL George.. A lady never tells!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home