darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Monday, September 11, 2006

76 - lazy

Its been a lazy day, I have wanted to just sleep in bed, wrapped in the warmth my blankets provide. My body started this, first with sore muscles. Then my mind joined in the lazy train. How can I fight it? I know I should rest and just fall to the whims of a day spent wrapped in my blanket, pop on a movie, have some munchies. (feel like chips and junk but Ive compromised and gave in to lazy but I had to eat healthy) So munchies are veggies and dip and a ton of different fruit.

The trick to having a lazy day is to really make it a lazy day. You cant run errands, cant make plans for later that afternoon. Cant clean, do laundry or dishes. Go big or go home. Oh wait you are home for lazy days! Ok well.. if you have to do some of those things.. MINIMAL is the key ok? Im very lenient.

So the days should start very late in the morning if not early afternoon. Please do not neglect your sanitary needs. Shower and all other bathroom duties are still important on lazy days and is a must. Bathrobe wrapped around your most comfiest sleepwear. Feet in thick socks or slippers.

Lounging on the sofa for a few minutes while I decide what to have for breakfast. There must be food, bagel and cream cheese will do, a glass of juice or milk as well, off to the sofa, food laid out and drink at the ready. Book to be read, TV ready to play a DVD. Manicure kit on the side. Along with the foot massager. Yes the portable back massager is placed behind me as I eat my bagel, drink my juice and soak my feet while they are being massaged. Ever the multitasker arent I?

During the movie I will have had my breakfast, have had a back massage, my nails filed, buffed and polished. My feet soaked, massaged, freed of dead skin and my toenails polished as well. Pretty.

Not bad for a start on my lazy day.

After the movie I return all the items to their places and lay down for a nap. When I wake from that nap which can be a long or short one. )I listen to my body and wake when my body says it is ready to get up.) I will pick up my book and finish it. Yes that is right finish. If I start at page 1 I finish it. If I am on page 94 I finish it.

After reading I feel a bit like eating something. Off we go to the fridge and find some fruit to eat. I dont want to cook as it is not mandatory on a lazy day. Toasters are allowed. Fruits and veggies to munch on with dip if available.

My lazy day also includes sitting outside with a book and my MP3 player. So off I go to sit in the sun, out in public, watching the kids run around, the volleyball games and the lifeguards on the lookout etc.

There I spend a couple of hours or until the sun is no longer satisfying. I have started to read another book, had a snack of crackers and cheese or had some peanuts, been entertained by the people around me, listened to music and exposed myself to the sun.

Not bad for the middle of my lazy day.

Back home, dinner to think of, A chicken breast sprinkled with roasted garlic and red pepper and thrown to cook in the toaster oven.... while I take a bath with a glass of mango juice. After the bath I dress in a pair of jogging pants and a loose fitting tank top.

The chicken removed from the toaster oven and a salad on the side with some more veggies on the side is called dinner. Dinner is eaten on the couch on lazy days and for desert, fruit dipped in chocolate!!

I hope youve enjoyed my lazy day!

4 Comments:

  • At September 20, 2006 12:24 PM, Blogger George said…

    I enjoyed it Darling ... I would enjoy it more if I could have joined you ... sounded delicious.

     
  • At September 20, 2006 4:19 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi George,

    It wouldnt be the same if there were two people involved. Some things ... just have to be done on your own to be fully enjoyed.

    :)

     
  • At September 21, 2006 5:14 AM, Blogger afrobev said…

    There is nothing like a lazy day where you do what you want and just chill and snuggle up warm and eat....

    ...You can't eat healthily on a lazy day Darling, that's sort of against the rules x

     
  • At September 21, 2006 8:22 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi James!

    Hmmm I seem to have misplaced my lazy day rulebook.. would you happen to have a copy? LOL

    There are so many forms of lazy days :) some.. healthier than others

    Rules?!?! Lets bend them a bit :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home