darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Friday, September 22, 2006

81 - dime

I fell down the stairs. I had heels on, yes they were quite ridiculous in height. Im in one piece, well... minus some skin on my right knee. Ill regenerate and be 100% whole again :)

I was on my way out, dressed to show off my legs this time and not any other body part. Hence the ridiculous heels which I have worn many times before without incident.

I was already out in my car when I remembered that I had one last thing that I needed for the night and had to go back in to get it. I walked in and only the click click click of my heels on the hardwood could be heard.

I reached the top of the stairs and out of habit I reached for the hand rail and as I lift my left foot to step down, my right foot slipped (somehow???) and down I went. I closed my eyes tight and felt my right leg bend underneath me and with my weight now on my ankle which I am sitting on goes over 3 or 4 steps making me lose my breath at the sharp pain I feel. I also feel pain at my wrist which seems to have swung around in comical circles.

When I finally cease to move. I stay still and let the pain wash over me. It hurts. Im scared that I broke something. I curse the damned stilettos (just the ones im wearing at the moment, no need to curse the innocent) I take a second then to look at my current position. Skirt hiked up around my wait, showing way too much skin (I think "well at least this didnt happen in public!!) My left leg straight out in front of me while my left leg still bent and starting to hum in heat.

I look at my left leg, take stock of any broken skin, any blood pouring out, bones jutting out, toes still painted Sinnamon Pop Red. All is well after I administered the wiggle toe test.

I dread moving but I have to. I twist my body and straighten out my right leg in front of me, skirt still hiked up and I know theres damage on this leg. Why!? Why tonight! I mumble to myself. I start at my thigh and move my way down. There at my knee where it will be home to a large bruise, is, about the size of a dime. (A quarter would be exagerrating and a penny to cheap) a patch that no longer has its many layers of skin. I cant tell yet if its one of those that takes enough skin off for it to bleed... I am lucky, its not that kind. I continue my perusal of my calf and The top of my foot is red with anger. I test positive for future housing of a bruise.

I flex my toes and turn my ankle side to side and there is some tightness but nothing is sprained or twisted. I rub my knee gently and make a very girly, whimpering noise that reminds me how girly I am sometimes. I pull myself up and feel a quick stab of something at my wist and I see a red mark underneath my pinky when I make a fist.I stand and feel a bit off balance but then get my bearings together I still have a long night ahead of me.

The show must go on!!

I grab my lipgloss, the item of importance, the reason I came back in.. I had a pleasant evening with no one mentioning that my foot looked angry nor did anyone comment on my dime sized lack of skin at my knee.

I think maybe they had other things to concentrate on :)

3 Comments:

  • At September 23, 2006 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When you're on steps, please concentrate on being on them...

    lol

     
  • At September 23, 2006 12:39 PM, Blogger George said…

    Poor Darling ... want me to kiss the booboo and make it all better : P

    Ahem ... if you were showing too much skin when you fell ... how much were you showing? I am sure your regular readers would love to know LOL

    I hope you're better.

     
  • At September 24, 2006 5:37 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hello Anonymous,

    Thank you for the reminder. Ill try not to concentrate on what the evening had in store for me... Im sure when you get.. excited.. ythere are moments when you look ahead and end up losing concentration on whats... currnetly going on? lol

    Hello George,

    LOL are you qualified and certified for such a proceedure??

    *blush* It was a hot night, I had a new outfit that needed to be broken in and heels that just had to be worn... it was a leg enhanced evening.

    Im better thank you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home