darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

92 - phone call

darling- Hello darling speaking.
I use my professional tone of voice :)

mystery man- hello how are you?
Very polite gentleman... the voice sounds familiar...

darling- Im great thank you and yourself?
Its never good business to tell them what you really think if its anything less that fabulous

mm- Im better now that I have found you.
How silly. Of course hes found me he knew where to call me!!

darling- Yes you have! What can I do for you?
Hmmm is this someone playing a prank on me? hmmm

mm- I was wondering if you were free tonight?
huh? Me free tonight?

darling- ...............................................
thats dead air for anyone wondering.

mm- I was wondering if we could meet.
ok this HAS to be a joke!!... the voice is familiar... hmmmmmmmm

darling- what did you have in mind?
ill play along.. why not?!

mm- Im playing golf until 6 let meet then
hmmm who do I know crazy enough to play golf in the rain??? no name is coming up

darling- ok where shall we meet?
what am I doing? maybe this guy has the wrong number??? hmmft!

mm- meet me at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier at 6
ohhh check out where he camps! ok so hes from out of town... oh my god.. could it be?

darling- oh, moving up in the world are we?
im fishing... I think I know who it is?!

mm-they couldnt fit me at the westin, it was all booked.
interesting.

darling- ok ill meet you there... question... why didnt you call me on my cell??
really... no one knows my work number. Who gives out their work number?!?!?!?

mm- oh......
not as dead air

darling- you lost my number didnt you?
Im giving him an out so he doesnt have to explain.

mm- yes darling I did. Im sorry
...fishing again

darling- So thats why I havent heard from you. I thought you werent interested.
I did think that

mm- Oh ive thought about you a lot. Im very interested
rolls my eyes :)

darling- uh huhhhh...

mm- I had to find you so I remembered what you told me and I looked in the phone book and called all these places to find you.
..............!!!!.........!!!!........!!!!.....

darling- oh really?? thats... you called... how many... thats neat... im glad you found me
HE WHAT?! How odd, how sweet, how determined, how strange, how stalkerlike!!

mm- yes darling ive found you and Im so happy.
I bet! Imagine the odds?!?!?!

darling- yes so tonight 6pm How long are you in town for?
Just wondering...

mm- Saturday. Is tonight ok? did you have plans?
I wonder how long hes been trying to find me??

darling- ill call you and let you know if anything comes up on my end.

click.

Do these things only happen to me??

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • At October 04, 2006 12:35 PM, Blogger George said…

    Strange one ... do you really think you know him?

     
  • At October 04, 2006 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go with a posse. Hold your keys outward in between your fingers so that you can give him a really good jab in the eye if you need to. Dress down.

    I wish it was me - for real!
    lol

     
  • At October 04, 2006 5:35 PM, Blogger afrobev said…

    Does sound a tad stalkerish to me but then that might be because I read it wrong.

    Stay away from weird people who don't give their identities. That's what I say.

    There's one thing being mysterious but there's another thing being downright weird. xx

     
  • At October 04, 2006 7:49 PM, Blogger Brewster said…

    Be careful. It does not sound good that someone is doing all these things to find you. Yes, it might be nice, but to go that far. Hmmm.

     
  • At October 05, 2006 9:39 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi George,

    It was strange to get that call. Yes I do know him. I had to shake the cobwebs out :)

    Greetings Anonymous,

    You mean youd like to be the one to meet with a dressed down girl, who has keys at the ready for a good jab? lol

    Hello James,

    It was a bit stalkerish, I felt that a little bit. I found out who it was by the end of the phone call.

    Mysterious good
    Weird bad

    :)

    Hi Brewster!

    Im always careful, thanks for thinking of my safety. All went well. Ill post about the evening at some point.

    Once the heebie jeebie feeling reaches goosebumps and paranoia then its too far. I need a better guage I think.

    Be good everyone! :)

     
  • At October 05, 2006 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is there any other way to meet a woman? I'd be willing to take any beating you'd be ready to deliver. :)

    I do hit back, on occaision. You've been warned.

    lol

     
  • At October 05, 2006 12:13 PM, Blogger George said…

    I don't hit back darling ...

    Anon ... I feel that even joking about hitting women is uncalled for and definitely shows a lack of class and maturity

     
  • At October 05, 2006 12:45 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Anonymous,

    Im sure youd enjoy my delivery. Consider me warned.. however. I think you have forgotten to add your weapon of choice. A wet noodle perhaps? Im sure thats what was forgotten :)

    If not a wet noodle Im sure it would be with witty comebacks :)

    George, :)

    I appreciate your comments always.

    Note to all... :) keep it all in perspective. I know I have issues with that sometimes :)

    be well!

     
  • At October 05, 2006 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was actually a bag of quail feathers.
    Okay. It was a quail feather...just one teensy weensy little feather. And I found the feather on the ground, nowhere near the nest. :)

    lol

     
  • At October 05, 2006 6:54 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Anonymous!

    I think I should be insulted that it wasnt a down feather from a pillow.

    Thats fighting dirty... using a feather off the ground!

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home