darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Thursday, November 30, 2006

116 - humble pie

My company Christmas party is this weekend. Im not sure what time it starts but I know where it is. Im not going with a date. Im going triple S style.

Single, Sexy and Spectacular!

Last year it was held in the same place. Theme for last year was... wait for it... wait for it.. Western. So people dressed up as cowboys and cowgirls. Some even dressed up as the Native Americans. Everyone who dressed up looked very good and the rest of us werent too badly wrapped up.

My contribution to the whole theme? Cowboy boots.

Ive had conversations with vaarious people in this organization about what ideas if any they have for themselves and other people. Ive told them what I will be taking inspriation from.

From the men that I have spoken to, they have unanimously suggested and would ultimately and intimately appreciate ... me wearing the only thing that I have decided on so far. Yes, the boots. I bet they would notice my footwear then! lol They were sure that the boots would cover all the neccessary bits and show everything off to my... or is it their advantage?

The boots are genuine leather, purchased in good ol' Texas! Granted they have some miles on them, I have taken great care of them and when you have a good thing you keep it looking good.
Thanks Dad.. may you never know what ideas people have had about your lovely gift of leather boots.

As for what I will eventually wear? Ill figure something out and let you all know how fabulous I look in another post LOL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh the tsk tsk part of the party.. lol this is what I have heard... The gifts that they have for the hard working employees have been donated by our kind and generous suppliers. YAY for our many suppliers!! (thats not where the tsking is being directed at)

The tsking is being directed at the owner, who has planned on raffling (sic) tickets to win the gifts, for some reason they are always the same every year (mind you I dont mind but seeing as I have never been a happy winner of anything... I do mind) Large TVs, trips and season tickets for hockey etc...

I think it kind of takes away from the spirit of Christmas BUT it is for a good cause. They will be taking the proceeds and donating that to a Charity (which I approve of... not that my approval was taken into consideration)

HOWEVER! my real reason for large and audible TSK (which I hope he hears) is because ... After thinking about it a little bit. I realize that I should be ashamed of myself because some people dont get any kind of celebration for this Holiday (I know I used to be employed in such a place that didnt do anything for anyone)

This guy is nice enough to arrange a location and take care of things out of his pocket, for which he will use as a tax deduction, food and entertainment. (sigh) I am so ungrateful. For that, Im sure to buy extra tickets not only to have a better chance... but because it will help other people if I do.

Consider me having had some humble pie.

(turns to walk away while trying to kick myself in the behind)

I know ... it happens to everyone at some point.

------------------------------------------------

I realize how that kind of attitude is what takes away from the Chistmas Spirit... maybe Ill volunteer at the soup kitchen or the humane society for the holiday to get back into myself... Ill let you know.

5 Comments:

  • At November 30, 2006 7:52 PM, Blogger George said…

    Hi Darling ... looks like I will start off the commenting ... you don't deserve a helping of humble pie ... either that or we all deserve one.
    I work at a place where the employees social club puts on the Christmas party. I think the only thing the company contributed was a big plasma TV as a prize and I wasn't even close. Damn.
    I guess it must be tough when you can't get a date ... I was very lucky and had a beautiful woman on my arm the whole night.

     
  • At December 01, 2006 7:03 AM, Blogger afrobev said…

    Triple S style. Single, Sexy and Spectacular!

    I like it. Very you!
    xxx

     
  • At December 01, 2006 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL .. SSS SSSizzling !!

     
  • At December 01, 2006 11:22 PM, Blogger Brewster said…

    Have a great time Ms. SSS
    Happy Holidays.

     
  • At December 04, 2006 3:01 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hello George,

    The trick to going without a date to any function to always know that I am the party! Without me lol there wouldnt be one :)

    Hi James! :)

    LOL Thats on the spot thinking for you!

    Hello again T.S.

    :) Sizzling would be good. I reserve that trait for people who can take the heat LOL

    Mr Brewster,

    Youre so polite :) It was a fun evening. More to come later on.

    Happy Holidays!!!

    Fondly,
    Ms SSS :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home