darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

120 - your time

I had a great day. No real issues coming up that was life or death. No serious health issues. Nothing outstanding or dreadful either. All in all it was a basic day in the life of Darling. I had the opportunity to spice things up a bit but decided against it. Why you ask?

Well its a good thing you asked because the answer is not very exciting. For you, unfortunately. I didnt spice up my otherwise pretty steady calm and peaceful day because when I thought about things a little, when I looked back in my life and when I wanted to think of the last day I had that didnt involve coffee, drinks, dinner or an intimate tryst. When I tried to think of a day that was just for me, myself and I. It took too long for me to think of when that day was so... I decided that I would just either do nothing or do what I felt like doing.

So I did. My otherwise appointed self appreciation day for.. yours truly was spent... in the bank, on the phone and making appointments for a different day. I also ended up cooking something which was a lot of fun. Theres something calming and simple about making a meal. I walked around my kitchen in a very comfortable pair of black Lulu lemon pants. Oh so comfy clothes for me. A black tank top with... Rainbow Bright in front, in all her glory. By glory I mean wand wielding.

A pair of Reef flip flops and my hair half heartedly piled on top of my head. Forget the recipe. I got some carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, chicken and some seasoning in a packet plus some herbs and spices that I felt like throwing in. I know I know I know. I will eat anything I make LOL

It turned out fabulously. I was happy with it. I listened to some Alison Kraus who I enjoy a great deal. Well. I did some mothering to the dogs. We played tug of war and I lost and I must now purchase a new toy for losing. I wanted to read a book and possibly finish it tonight as well but I dont think thats going to happen.
Sometimes even when you have things to do. You have to make sure you make time for yourself. No matter what, because 'you cant help other people if you cant help yourself.'

Those words courtesy of my fantastically wise father! Thanks. Its something I will always keep in mind.

So make sure you take some time for yourself. Even if its 10 minutes. :) It will be worth it.

6 Comments:

  • At December 06, 2006 11:21 PM, Blogger Brewster said…

    I wish I had some time to myself. We have had way too many games. I just got home and it is 11:20ish. I haven't been home much in the past three weeks. :-( Anyway, good to hear you took some time for yourself.

     
  • At December 07, 2006 8:37 AM, Blogger afrobev said…

    You are spot on. Its always nice to have company but I always relish those precious little moments to yourself :)

     
  • At December 07, 2006 12:20 PM, Blogger George said…

    Time ... we never seem to have enough of it for ourselves. Times were different when I was growing up but now, with so much running around, pressure and stress, when we do have time free we worry that we aren't using it productively.

     
  • At December 07, 2006 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ALWAYS make sure to carve out some time for yourself. If you don't, you'll get overstretched and wake up wondering how you got so irritable (like I was earlier this week... yikes). So yes, definitely make time to just be alone- and DO NOTHING (or anything- but make it sure it's what YOU want to do).

    ~TuxB

     
  • At December 08, 2006 6:25 AM, Blogger Argrow Images said…

    Wise post!

     
  • At December 09, 2006 9:45 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Brewster,
    Make sure you make time for yourself and it never fails... when it rains it pours :)

    Hi James :)

    Calling them Precious moments sounds so perfect :)

    Hello George,

    So very true. Ill try not to think abut what else I could be doing lol Just enjoy it all.

    Hello Tuxbaby,

    I wholeheartedly agree. It has to be something that YOU want to do. Its a selfish moment that needs to be maximized

    Hello Yacht broker,

    Thanks for stopping by :)
    It is indeed. Thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home