darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Monday, January 15, 2007

136 - gone and done it

Theyve gone ahead and done it. In an effort to figure out which computer within the network is corrupted with a virus. They have installed a program that tracks which websites are looked at and if anyone from the outside is trying to get into our system.

This does not make me happy (selfishly) I know. I shouldnt be doing anything other than work related things when I am at work. Its just so monotonous sometimes. Its a nice distraction, to be able to check my personal email and see what my family and friends have been up to, what they plan to, want to and will do.

I understand that there are some people that abuse this priviledge. It isnt a right to be able to surf the internet while at work, to look at questionable sites should be done at home in .. well.. private :) Its a priviledge, not a right. Abuse it and suffer the consequences. That time has come.

I get my work done and do it well and always strive to do well and better. I guess I am a bit irked at it as I dont smoke and so dont take regular breaks to fill my lungs with tar, as is the decision of many of the people that I work with. Thats fine thats their thing. Mine happens to be communication. In any form.

I now talk more on the phone with people that I might have instead sent an email to. I now socialize more with people in other departments. I walk around more to be distracted.

The amount of emails I send has decreased, much to the admins pleasure.

Maybe I shouldnt share this... but I will anyway. I think that in a round about way they expect productivity to go up? In my mind I worked a lot more when I had access to things not related to work.

Will it look bad on me if all of a sudden my performance went up higher than before. Yes. Will it go higher than it was before? No. Its the same, or if I am honest. Not at the same level. Is that done on purpose. I hate to say yes but that might be the truth. (Yes I do feel guilt about that)

When its time to protect oneself. Its best not to forecast the amount of work that potentially could have been done..no? I dont want to seem like I dont do my work, I do and I do it well. I make sure I get my work done and that its done right.

Im twisted. Unfair and selfish. I want to have my cake and eat it too!!

oh... keep this to yourself. (giggle) This post was written at work. Shhh.

I know... a rebel! Would you have guessed it??!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At January 15, 2007 12:21 PM, Blogger George said…

    Good for you .. be a rebel, take the Internet into your own hands.
    A couple of years ago I was blasted by my former boss for being on the Internet during office hours ... when he came up behind me I was at a supplier's site getting a quote on items we needed.

    So I stopped using the Internet to expedite business and started using faxes. Then I was told it was taking too long.

    I pointed out that he had told me not to use the Internet ... case resolved.

     
  • At January 15, 2007 1:35 PM, Blogger Brewster said…

    LOL They have so many securities at my work that you can't do anything. Then, they have a whole department that randomly will watch different people's computers to see what you are doing. So, don't feel bad. It is sad, but big brother is watching.

     
  • At January 16, 2007 7:41 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi George,

    LOL If I get an opportunity like that Ill take it! lol

    Hello Brewster,

    Boooo!!!! lol they have a dept for that stuff?? Who watches what they do then? hmmmmmmm

    How come when I want to be watched no one is and when I dont want to someone is??? grrr lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home