darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Friday, November 16, 2007

292 - passports

I have the application done for my passport. I'm thinking that I probably should take my passport pictures over as I'm not 100% satisfied with the current one I do have. I figure I should try to at least make it a good one if its to be my official form of ID when I travel.

Though I was thinking about it from a different angle. Hows this for a thought process?
I have this photo that I don't think is a very good one.
I stick with this photo and have it on my passport.
Its not a good photo. At all.
Ill always look better than the photo.
So I feel like I'm having a vain moment
The person looking at the passport photo will think must have been a bad for photos.
Look at her shes nothing like her photo.

LOL I think Ill stick to the one I do have to remind me that there's always room for improvement. Plus I think its good to remind yourself once in a while that you wont be the icing on the cake and sometimes not even the cheery on top of the icing on the cake.

Ill have to go sometime next week to the Passport office to get it done. Mid to late week first thing in the morning I think. Ill have to get a map to find out where it is and hope that the weather wont be freezing by then.

D has to get his as well and we might be able to go together early in the morning. Then go for breakfast afterwards. We shall see. Most probably we'll be going on different days but there's always hope :)

This weekend will be used to rest and catch up on sleep. Maybe watch a few DVDs and really just do nothing. D has a lot of things on the go at the moment so it wont be often that we have our midnight rendezvous. We may be able to go to lunch but that's all up in the air at the moment. Other than that were still in a good place.

They hired someone new in our department. A guy. Not my type but they don't take my preferences into consideration. Shame really. But I cant have it all cant I?

Practicing patience is something Ill be doing for the next couple of months as that's roughly when Ill hear from them to let me know when Ill be starting the training program. That's OK Ill just forget about it for a while and that will help. Though every so often I get a feeling of OMG I have no idea what kind of things Ill have to do. Something along those lines.

Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

  • At November 18, 2007 9:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi darling...I got my passport a couple months back. It went faster than I expected. Interestingly, they don't want a picture of a person smiling. You have to keep a straight face. I'm not sure if the rule is the same in Canada.

     
  • At November 20, 2007 7:37 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    I think bad passport/drivers license photos are a universal constant. Even some professional models & actresses that I know have photos that don't look very attractive.

    Well, there is this one model who has a cool looking photo on her license - but even she admits it's a fluke.

    My point is: please don't worry about your passport photo. Just worry about using your passport. Often.

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     
  • At November 21, 2007 3:39 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Rocketman, Its the same here, no smiling. BOO!!

    Hi Frank, I gues Ive been spoiled the last photos for my licence, health card and passport have all been really good pictures.

    Its rare so I guess thats why Im a bit bummed. But youre right. The passport is the big thing :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home