darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Friday, March 21, 2008

338 - commitments

I had a little bit of a headache and all I needed was to sleep it off. That was nice that it wasn't something more serious. What wasn't nice was that I wasn't able to sleep. I wasn't able to take a nap as my day way booked full of this and that. It was nice to be able to get it all crossed off my list but it wasn't nice that I had this headache to deal with the whole day.

Ive got a few things left to do which shouldn't take long so I'm looking forward to sleeping until tomorrow comes.

Training has me a little worried. I'm to the point where its kind of boring and by that I mean that I'm kind of scared and feel a little clueless. Its kind of a big deal this job and they take it really seriously. Lots of safety things to think of and all that. I guess I'm a little worried as its an actual career and not just one of those for now not forever situations.

This is it. Its got a lot of what everyone is looking for, security, flexibility, options to move to different departments, great pay, pensions and benefits. Some would ever say its cash for life. So why don't I want it? I'm not sure. It seems like a lot of responsibility.

Yes you can say I want something easy. I want something easy that pays a lot. I know its not always possible to get what I want but that was just something I had to share. Makes me sound lazy but I 'm honest.

I know Ill do this. I know that Ill do my best (I hope) I know that I wont know until I try and that I cant give up now. So many people applied for these positions and I scored high along with the rest of the people in my class so I should be happy that I got it and that Ive made it this far.

What is it about success that I'm scared of? Maybe ill save that for another post. One serious issue a post :)

They are hiring a lot more people after me so I wont be at the bottom. They said were in a good position as were at the beginning of the wave and we can ride it as long as we keep out noses clean.

Being somewhat of a perfectionist I know I wont always be right on the dot with this job but they said that they expect us not to be on target all the time. It happens and we can only do what we can and since we cant control everything we work with what we have.

Its a career. People stay in this company for 20-25 odd years. There are so many people eligible to retire and they don't because they all love it. I'm hoping I'm one of those that love it. As for staying for 20-30 years. Thats a long time and a huge commitment.

If I cant make a commitment to one person Ill have to practice with this career. How odd does that sound? Oh well I play the hand I'm given.

Happy Easter!!

2 Comments:

  • At March 23, 2008 8:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Being a person who has been at the same job in the same place for almost 30 years, I may know how you feel, but I'm looking back rather than forward of course.

    I'd suggest just taking it one day at a time. Sounds cliche', but I think it's true. Of course, we need to plan for the future (your pension plan will help take care of that), but sometimes things seem overwhelming if we think far ahead and try to map out all the possibilities.

    Oh, and Happy Easter Darling!

     
  • At April 05, 2008 10:44 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Rocketman,

    One day at a time sounds like a nice simple plan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home