darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

355 - common sense

Ds was gone for the weekend. A friend of his is getting married in September and they went to the US for the weekend.

His friends fiance called him on his cell and told him to make sure to show him a really really good time. She wants him to come back with a smile on his face.

I found that kind of odd as she doesn't really like D and thinks hes a really bad influence. Little does she know its the other friend that is the bad influence. Some people just want to believe what they want to. Im a victim to that as well so Im not only pointing fingers. I know enough to admit things like that.

So he was gone for the weekend. I felt like painting the town red. Doing something crazy. Doing something like hooking up with someone random. I wont. I'm too shy for that and I'm not the pick me up in a bar and take me home kind of girl.

Even after having too much to drink I still have some common sense. Enough to say no and get me home alone in my bed.

Though there are times where I wish that common sense would just go away. Just let it happen, see what happens if I didn't say no. Thats just a fleeting thought as I'm very happy to have common sense. There doesnt seem to be enough in some people, I wouldnt want to wish it away now.

But there is a small if strong presence inside me that wants and needs to be let out every so often. Its the naughty side. This side gets let out with a select group of people who I know will take care of me when I totally lose it.

So this whole thing with D? Just friends. I know Ive posted this topic to death but its still alive and active in my life so Ive got to let it out somehow.

I'm happy to report that I am getting better at this. At this friends with bennies situation. It dawned on me as I was at work one day a couple of weeks ago. That I don't have to see his bad habits. That I don't have to put up with dirty socks or dishes that he might leave around the place.

Whenever we do get together its fun. Its a good time and then we go our separate ways do our thing and get together once we've done all that and we can meet each other and have more fun.

1 Comments:

  • At July 24, 2008 9:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Maintaining common sense is a very good idea, as is hanging out with friends who have our best interests at heart. But I know what you mean - there's that urge to just so something a little crazy, pushing the boundaries.

    I think I just used several cliches. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home