darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Monday, June 09, 2008

348 - The Return of Darling

So I gather its been noticed that I haven't been here in a while. I wasn't sure that I would be able to stop time. I did try. Did not work. Obviously.

So whats new and exciting and whats been happening? Much to be discussed almost so much that Ive been unable to keep it all straight and blog about it.

Work is going well. Getting used to it more and more. People wonder why I don't love it. It just takes me longer I guess. I do like it. Sometimes I wonder if its really work that I am doing because its an easy job. Lots of responsibility but easy. Simple even.

Ive picked up extra hours here and there. So that's always a good thing to see on my pay stubs. I'm thinking of getting another part time jobs. Something that I can work in between. We shall see.

Ive gone to a driving range and I find that I enjoy it. Theres something about being able to hit a small ball as hard as you can and find it goes where you want it to... generally want it to. A couple of slices, a hook but mostly it went straight.. within a span of 15 degrees or course. I thought it went well.

I'm planning on taking a couple of golf lessons in the next few weeks to see if its something that I would really enjoy. I know I like driving ranges. I can see how it can be therapeutic. Putting all your anger into a swing to hit a little ball which you've turned into the object of your frustration. Relief!

D and I will go together after my lessons. That should be fun. Adding competition. It would be neat to see how things go.

A guy from work has mentioned me not fitting the mold of the marrying type. Hes heard from other people that people with my background are the marrying kind, the kind who is nurturing, giving and all the good things... apparently he says I don't fit that mold.

I don't fit that mold because I'm not really to be put into that mold. I didn't say that. I just laughed and said theres always an exception. Which made me think. Am I the exception? It also made me think. He thought of me as someone he could marry? Or was it just me marrying anyone that wouldn't work?

Ill delude myself her and go with him thinking of me as his bride. He is cute. Hes told me a few times that I am confusing as far as signals goes. I'm not quite sure what that means as I don't recall giving any signals.

Are there times when some of the things we women do be thought of as signals? Men- Reply needed. That might need more detail and clarification. Let me know.

My sister got her job back. Shes moved out on her own and is living downtown with her dog. Shes single again and looking to me for single life advice. I tell her things that Ive done and the reasons behind them. Thought processes and all. I tell her that I probably give really screwed up advice because of the things that I have done and gone through and that she should do what feels right for her and if theres something that Ive told her that she likes then to go with it and make it her own somehow.

We don't see each other as often. Once a week. Sometimes two. I want her to be on her own and make new friends which shes doing. Did I mention shes gorgeous? I get jealous every so often. But I cant hate her for it she is my sister. I'm glad I have a hot sister. I wouldn't want any other.

Ive broken down and set up the AC. Its been really hot here the passed few days. Before 7 am this morning. It was 24 degrees Celsius. Hot. I don't know what kind and how to apply makeup for this heat. So I didn't wear any. Good for the skin to breathe. Not that I wear a lot of it. It takes me less than 10 minutes to apply what I do wear. Much less if I know I need to get it done quickly.

My car still needs a few things which Ive yet to have looked at. Gas was at $1.34 today. Boo! This makes me wonder if I should invest in oil. I wonder...

Update on The Soup on another post.

Ive lost 11 lbs in 6 months. I'm due for blood tests whenever I remember to fast for 12 hours. I'm nervous they will find something which is why I think I haven't fasted. I mean there shouldnt be anything. I asked to be tested for a whole lot of things just to see.

Ive missed blogging and reading your blogs. I'm sorry I need lessons in being better.

Hope things have been going well and glad that you haven't thrown in the towel on me.

2 Comments:

  • At June 12, 2008 9:57 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    First, I'm glad you're blogging again. I look forward to reading a lot more of your stuff.

    Second, congrats on losing 11 lbs.

    Third, that guy from work very well may have been feeling out your responses to see because he's interested in you. It's a bit unusual for him to jump all the way to mentioning marriage, but it would seem that the interest is there.

    Finally, did I mention that I'm glad you're blogging again?

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     
  • At June 13, 2008 8:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Signals can often be given on a sub-consious level, I think. We may be sending them without really being aware of it.

    But they are also hard to read. We might make certain assumptions ('she's/he's interested') only to realize that she's/he's simply being nice.

    One thing that might work, especially at work, is just going out for a bite to eat or something. That way, people can get the 'feel' of what another may be thinking without committing to anything more than a friendly lunch date.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home