darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

104 - for now

So im having a mental crisis. Nothing I cant handle. These things happen. Maybe I can just sweep it under the rug to accompany the other issues ive left there to be taken out to solve at a later day.

No there arent that many issues under there. I try to handle everything when they come about. Though some things just get put on mute so there is no little voice that constantly reminds me of the things I am supposed to do. I dont think thats how things get handled :)

Ive been getting more hours at work which is good I guess, extra hours translates into extra money. Thats always good. It comes at a good time, I think. Holidays are coming. Presents for other people wont suddenly materialize in front of me.

However, it takes away from other things in my life that need attention. Men, friends, family and pets. OH cant forget the gym. Im sure I am forgetting a few things that also need attention but for now the above are what comes to mind.

Im filling in for one of the girls that work in a different department which means that instead of an 8 hour day. I will be working a 13 hour day. 4 of the 6 working days. Shes off for a week. I cant work 2 of the days she is off because on one of those evenings I am bartending. The other... well.. thats not exactly a day off for me. It will be a day of running around getting things done.

I miss going to the gym. I dont get down on myself too much, just enough to remind myself that its for now not forever. As long as my will stays strong I wont succumb to defeat. My dogs give me a bit of a hard time due to the decline in walks and long romps in the park. I know they still love me. Family seems to be ships passing in the night kind of relationship for now, but that will change I am sure. Friends, I have had to cancel dates and outings. Men, I have no time for (sigh) No thats a lie, theres always time for all of the above. Just have to sacrifice sleep and rest.

If I make time for all the above AND expect to be going on full throttle at work and throughout it all. Ill need to be on some serious energy bars LOL Nothing unnatural please. I dont know if my personality can withstand all of that and remain my true self. Im sure that at some point I will become fake and uncaring of things that dont warrant much energy to be expelled.

Its for now not forever. I have to keep reminding myself. Im a bit off on a few things but I know that I can always pick things up where I have left them while I concentrate on the things I have to take care of. Its the way of life. A lesson to be learned in organization, of time management and self discipline.

Ive been eating well even if I havent been diligent in visiting the gym. Its fun eating well and I will even admit that even the tease of what I been able to say no to is a bit fun. It solidifies the new and healthy lifestyle that I am incorporationg into my life. I dont want to say I cant go to the gym because I can do it. It just makes it for a longer day if I go to the gym for 5:30am to be at work for 7:30am til 4pm then rush to the next place to start at 4 or a bit after finally ending at 9pm.

Ive got to have time for a shower and me time. Dont I? Me time people might not care much for... but I am sure that they would all appreciate me taking a shower, I am not trying to say I smell :) I just want to feel fresh and rejuvinated. Plus it helps feeling clean, skin so soft, slipping something slinky to bed and feeling absolutely decadent. Helps in the sleep process. Im sure you know what I am talking about.

I feel like a vacation. A long one. A long relaxing one. A long relaxing, calming one. A long relaxing, calming and re-energizing one :) To be exact (sigh)

That or sleep. Where my mind can bring me, even temporarily to that place where my mind and body hovers in a state of bliss.

5 Comments:

  • At November 02, 2006 4:13 PM, Blogger George said…

    darling ... how about a long, relaxing, calming and rejuvenating vacation on a warm, no make that hot, beach in the tropics? You sound like you are buring the candles at both ends ... take back your life and slow down for a bit. The me time is so important and you have to say no to many things in order to enjoy the me time. Don't worry about disappointing friends or family ... they'll always be there and won't think worse of you. Take care of yourself Darling because nobody else will as long as you are single (I hope a partner would)

     
  • At November 02, 2006 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now THAT'S what I'm talkin 'bout!

    To feel fresh, clean, rejuvinated, decadent, utter bliss........

    Ready for the Bahamas? :)

     
  • At November 05, 2006 9:54 AM, Blogger Brewster said…

    Sorry to hear that things are so hectic. You describe my life right down to the bone. If I am not at school teaching, if I am not at school teaching, then I am there coaching. If I am not at school coaching, I am out in another town to see my kids the one night a week I have right now. If I am not with them, I spend what little time I have left with my wife, which is not much as of late. If she is not home, which that is the case a lot as well, then I try to get things done around the house.

    CAN YOU SAY MAJOR BURN OUT!!!! Sadly, that is not just one week a year, but for the next three months.

    Hey, a cruise sounds very good right now. LOL Maybe you should try one.

    Hang in there.

     
  • At November 05, 2006 11:57 PM, Blogger Liza said…

    Life's funny like that, you know. You try to go out and grab it by the horns and it returns the favor in spades. Just keep up your mantra about this being temporary and it will be. I am sure if you were to ask anyone your parent's age or even my age (I'm 32 this past October), we would regale you with (boring) stories about how we ran ourselves into the ground either living life or working to pay for it. Each hour of sleep, each second in the shower, will seem sweeter for the crazy hectic rush you find yourself in right now. In the midst of your exhaustion, in the crankiness that comes from dealing with one too many ignorant or incompetent people, there will be that small tiny rush that you have the grace and energy to handle it. Plus, it helps you be even more mysterious ;)

    The me time is very important, so my best advice is to be as organized as possible to create a sense of calm in your home. Start your mornings simply and think of one good thing before you fall asleep each night. Oh, and for your future nostalgic self, be sure to keep posting, or taking photographs, or keeping a planner, or whatever, so you can truly know that your cup was running over...

    Wishing you whatever makes you smile!
    ^_^

     
  • At November 09, 2006 12:02 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi George,

    Yeah, its been busy and has only gotten busier since I put up this post.

    Yes, Ill take care of myself :)

    Thank you, I do have to take time for myself, otherwise whats the point?

    Hello Anonymous,

    LOL Ill let you handle the details. Let me know when I have to be at the airport! lol

    Hey Brewster,

    Well... thank you.. im blag im not the only one running around sometimes. :) phew!!

    Make sure to stop and smell the roses!! and do things that make you happy (wiggles eyebrows) lol

    Youre pictures make it look more appealing. Its on the list!!

    ... by a thread sometimes! LOL

    Liza,

    Hello and welcome back :)

    A belated Happy Birthday to you!!

    I agree, take pleaseure where I can and make sure that my head is where it needs to be and I love that small tiny rush that youve mentioned. Added mysteriousness always welcome lol

    'Staying organized' is something that needs to be more consistent.

    Thanks for the tips! :) Ill work on it.

    Be well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home