darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

140 - mirror

I met someone today and they were super energetic. I thought 'this girl is infectious' She reminds me of me. (If I may toot my horn) I was able to watch her for a little while as I was early for a meeting. I saw people warm tp her smile. I saw people stay and come to her.She didnt pull people into her space while they were busy, didnt interrupt anyone on their way to anything or anyone.

She did her job, efficiently. I was impressed and I enjoy someone that is efficient. I enjoy seeing people work well with what they have, organized and well planned.

Like me (or so I think) I could see someone that was like me in a workplace. It was a pleasant experience to watch "me" work. Id hire her if I was looking for someone to take control and keep things going. Not only that... Id hire her to make sure that the work environment.

Which leads me to thinking of looking for another job. Half seriously? They say the best time to look for a job is while you have one. Well I have one. Im a little bit bored at it and I believe that its time for a change? change is good.

Plus its always nice to go on interviews and meet new people. Am I the only one who likes to go on these things and chat it up with the emppliyer? I reverse roles a bit and ask them a lot of questions to qualify them instead of the other way around? Ive been to enough interviews to know that I am nervous going into them and hopefully warm up quickly to them so I feel at ease enough to ask them questions about themselves, how they like it in the company and what they like and so on. Hear about their last vacation to Fiji or somewhere equally fun.

Its strange how it all comes together. Sometimes Ill go see what the position is all about and like the person conducting the interview that if we had met in another circumstance... things may have been much more fun. Other people who hold interviews need an injection of personality.

I think Ill do it. Go and look for things that I like and some things that I have no qualifications for and just go, after all... the worse thing they can tell me is no.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At January 24, 2007 8:35 PM, Blogger George said…

    Do it Darling. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And looking for a job while you are working allows you to be picky.

     
  • At January 26, 2007 7:22 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Thanks Goerge,

    I am picky LOL

    Ill update as I go through the interviews and any other interesting tidbits.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home