darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Thursday, March 01, 2007

150 - New place

Moving is 99% complete, I need only bring myself, a couple of suitcases that I have been living out of for the past little while as well as the 2 dogs with me. (I'm late in posting this. I am now in the apt)

Ive made a large dent in unpacking since I signed the lease for Feb 1st. The living room/dining room are 80% set up. The kitchen is just waiting for a microwave and more importantly, groceries... if anyone would like to star as the cook of my kitchen, email me.

The bathroom needs a shower curtain, I know its something easy that I can pick up anywhere but I like ones that make you think and wonder. Something reflective (other than the literal term) I think Id like to enjoy something other than the reflections of those that are in the process of ... as nice as that is to see. Something soothing and pleasant will have to do.

My bedroom requires some work. As this is where I will be relaxing and coming home to at night with or without a partner. Id like to be functional, sensual and and and. How to find a balance between all the things that I want in this room? I'm not sure. So in an effort to stall any decisions that need to be made. I am going through the boxes and boxes that I have to find things that I can donate and or give to other people.

Clothes that I haven't worn in a while and that I cant incorporate into my wardrobe. Gone! Shoes that just remind me of an occasion or event and just not my style anymore? Gone. Paper work that's no longer needed for proof of something or another. Shredder! Documents that might be needed at some point. File!

In going through the boxes I get to eliminate things that I don't need, want or care for any longer. It lets me see what kinds of things that I have that I might need in the future. Did you know I have a box full of perfumes that Ive yet to use? These are all ones that I love and enjoy and cant wait to use. They range from your pharmacy variety to the haughty department store brands. No I don't save them for a special occasion. Ive learned that every day is special. I just have extras, other than what I currently use.

My bedroom, covered in boxes. Ill need a few days to clear it all up and store the things that I want but wont use yet as there isn't any place for them.

The second bedroom so far? Housing empty boxes after I have arranged the contents around the apartment.

I'm on the top floor and managed to get a unit at the end. I don't have to worry about the people upstairs running around and stomping their way around their home. I'm not heavy footed so the people downstairs wont have an issue with that from me. They and the people beside me might hear other things in the middle of the night or in some cases in the middle of the day. Ill have to be careful not to attract too much attention to the goings on inside my bedroom, living room, dining room and any of the other rooms for that matter.

I have no blinds up which is nice as its very bright. I do have them. I'm just enjoying the brightness of it all.

Ive done it. It feels good. Now for the next project. Bed and bedroom!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At March 01, 2007 1:39 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    No blinds?

    Darling, I envy who ever lives acors the way from your new home. You are such an exhibitionist! LOL

    BTW - just out of curiousity - are those clothes and shoes "gone" as in "on their way to a landfill" or "gone" as in "donate to some thrift store" or "now available on eBay".

    Just wondering.

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     
  • At March 01, 2007 5:23 PM, Blogger George said…

    You're getting there Darling. Even though there are a couple of bigger projects left, the vast majority is done and finished with.

    Congratulations.

     
  • At March 02, 2007 12:36 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Frank,

    Trust you to focus in on no blinds :)

    Ive thought of spying eyes and have allowed those with feathered wings permission to see or anyone with high powered binoculars :) Ahem!

    The perks of living on the top floor... total enjoyment of all the windows that come with it :)

    They went to the thrift store. Someones donations are someones treasures. I wish them well and hope they find great owners soon!

    Are you wondering when Ill be installing my blinds as well? lol

    Hi George,

    The timing is right :) Things are getting done and things are tick tick ticking along.

    Thank you :)

     
  • At March 02, 2007 2:09 PM, Blogger Frank said…

    Where did I put those binoculars of mine?

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     
  • At March 06, 2007 1:38 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hello Frank,

    they wouldnt be these that I found right outside my old bedroom window would they? You must have left them there to get a better view from up in the tree :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home