darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Thursday, February 15, 2007

145 - Choose Darlings Adventure

Im a little late. Happy Valentines Day!! In some places of the world and if we were getting up together... it would still be a continuation of... Valentines Day. Im sure some of you were the recipient of flowers, or were the sender of flowers. Likewise with chocolates, trinkets and cards.

In addidtion to the above. I also received a propostion. On my cell phone a text comes through. 'Would you like to play?' I decline quite flirtatiously as I have plans for the evening (check one of the options below) I declined but not without driving said texter to mad distractions , reducing him to a puddle of want. You wonder about my state? Amused at the effect of words and its powers.

I hope you all had a Valentines delight, spent with The One, The One For Now, or spent an evening relishing that you arent with either of the above :) I extend this virtual hug to you.

from me (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) to you

People should be able to spend not just one day of the year with someone special, it should be an everyday process of being with someone you care for and want to be with. Im not saying getting gifts for each other everyday. Once in a while will make the bond stronger and its just good all around. (This from a single woman... LOL... what do I know... plenty, thats what)

* SO OFF TOPIC HERE For those of you who are curious. Yes I thought of you and hoped for a moment that I was in mind as well, that and other thoughts :) I cant help it, my mind goes off to fantasyland when it wants to. Its fabulous :)

Options of how Valentines Night was spent. I never read those choose your own adventure books but liked the concept of it and thought Id incorporate them in here :) TADA!

Option A

Was it spent with a select group of girlfriends who share the single status, a night out in a couple of venues where there would be much canoodling done by couples new and long standing. Did we dress up to the nines in eye catching enembles to remind the female part of the couples present how they used to be? How they used to act and how they owned the night. Did we dress to remind the male part of the couple that there are plenty of fish in the sea? Was this night planned to enjoy the fireworks that a wandering eye would cause. On a night where couples are on a romantic evening, did I end up paying for any drinks amid those bonded pairs?

Option B

Was it spent slaving away at work until deadlines were met which launched a new start of a subsidiary company? Where take out was ordered and jokes and laughter was shared between an ecclectic group of people. Where gossip ran rampant until everyone was caught up with what was happening in the life and times of the fortunate few who slipped away for a night of bliss with their significant other.

Option C

Was it spent lost in a neighbourhood without any means of communication as I carelessly left it lying on my desk obviously to make sure that I would see exactly where it is the next morning. Late for a dinner date. Unable to recall the 10 valuable digits to phone from a payphone. The drawback of cell phones is the lack of memorization involved. With the numerous amount of combinations that the number could have been. Did I resign myself to a Pub only to bump into a mistake of my lifes past?

Option D (because theres always an option D... isnt there?)

Was it spent in a luxurious location as a surprise from a male friend. Was it spent in various states of dress and undress? Was is spent determining who would cry out in surrender first? Was it testing all possible surfaces for the best places to... eat? Was it spent in a competitive nature of who would come out on top?

How was Darlings evening spent? Makes you wonder :) I hope you all had a pleasant if not wonderful evening.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At February 15, 2007 7:55 PM, Blogger George said…

    To be honest Darling I think there is another option that drags many single people down ... it was spent alone in your apartment or house wondering where the hell you went wrong and why you are alone.

    Or ... glad that you're alone.

     
  • At February 15, 2007 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Option F: Whimsically peruse something new and exciting in your kitchen???

     
  • At February 15, 2007 10:13 PM, Blogger Liza said…

    Happy Hearts day to you too!

    LOL - I'd like to think you actually did a little bit of all options. Had a great day at work, dressed up to the nines with the girls, left a little early to meet up with someone in an unknown neighborhood only to run into an old flame in a skeezy pub who then spontaneously decides to grab a hotel room and order room service.

    Hey, it could happen, right?

    Whichever option you chose, I hope it was one that made you happy. (((((((hugs)))))))) to you too!

    ^_^ Liza

    PS - Hey George, you remind me of my favorite saying about dating, "Better to be alone than to wish that you were." Cheers!

     
  • At February 15, 2007 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Darling, I recon it was almost certainly Option A. I'd bet a large wad of cash on it (if I had the said large wad of cash that is).....

    Paul A.
    x

     
  • At February 16, 2007 9:23 AM, Blogger afrobev said…

    I would have to say that Option D probably sounds a lot more like the Darling that I have got to know a bit about over the last six to eight months.

    Yep, Im going to go out on a limb and say Option D.

    Be happy x

     
  • At February 16, 2007 12:49 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hello George,

    I think even people in any situation think those. Maybe not about the same things but they wonder where things could have been turned around.

    Being with someone doesnt mean one wont feel lonely.

    State of mind?

    Hello Anonymous,

    Hmmm Option F ... in my kitchen.. must be something Ive never seen before? :)

    Hi Liza!

    Ohhhh Now that Liza, would have been a fantastic Day!! :) lol Maybe one day...

    Nice saying Liza. Very true!

    Hi Paul,

    A gambling man are you?? :)

    Hello James,

    I hope I havent been that easy to read :)

    Its been very neat to be able to share tidbits about myself here in blogger.

    Hopefully I can keep things interesting and entertaining :)

    Likewise James. Thank you.

     
  • At February 16, 2007 2:04 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…


    PS - Hey George, you remind me of my favorite saying about dating, "Better to be alone than to wish that you were." Cheers!


    Ouch! The fact that it was one of my ex-flames who wrote that is (mildly) troubling.

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     
  • At February 17, 2007 3:12 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hey Frank :)

    I learn something new everyday!

    d say she was talking about someone she didnt want to sit with in some waiting room at the dentist. :)

     
  • At February 18, 2007 11:28 PM, Blogger Liza said…

    Oh Frank, I didn't mean you! I'd say more, but it's water under the bridge (to use another cliche), so I'll juat say that am very happy that we are friends now and leave it at that. :)

    "Ex-flame," huh? LOL Sounds kinda spicy. I like it!

    Darling - nice save - I am sure I have thought that phrase in the dentist's office as well as in a dating situation. ;)

    ^_^ Liza

     

Post a Comment

<< Home