darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

364 - agents

Looking for a home is very much like a roller coaster. I love roller coasters though this time its a little different. I find I get excited about the idea of buying and moving into a new home then later on something will bring me down about it.

The down part usually involves money. It seems a little daunting sometimes. That people have mortgages. Huge ones. Ive looked at home for $789,000 and some at $200,000. I'm nosy. I want to see what an 800G home looks like and wow. Just more space and bigger payments I guess.

Its all location. So not only am I looking for a place that I will like but I'm looking for a place that other people will like. So I'm thinking of reselling my yet to be found and bought place. So Ive got to be able to ask these questions to my real estate agent.

I'm sure you're curious to find out who Ive decided to go with. I really could have just picked an ad in the paper and called but I wanted to have some kind of reference about who this person is. So I went with D's brother.

Nice guy. Helpful. Doesn't mind that I ask a lot of questions and says its normal for first, second and third time buyers. So the search continues.

I this D is much cuter, if anyone was wondering.

I'm having lunch out today so I can post and blog and use the Internet to look for a home. I have D looking as well. Its nice to have someone help. He knows that I get a little flustered every so often because I honestly feel like a little girl lost in a big world.

I cant thank him enough for being there for me. Anyway. Things are moving forward. Sometimes a little faster than Id like but its moving forward and that's the important thing.

My sister is entertaining a friend from San Diego for close to 2 weeks starting this Thursday. So it will be fun to go out with them and well... Its another reason to go out. Not that I need one but its just more fun now that its with someone we can drag along everywhere.

Its a male friend. Really sweet and nice. He was in Ottawa roughly 3 years ago and there was this fiasco involving a big fight police and lost of tension. No one was arrested and no one was hurt but ties were broken and relationships were tested.

So belated Happy Thanksgiving!! (Canadian Thanksgiving that is) I didn't prepare the big meal for it this time. Ill be doing Christmas Dinner... hopefully at my new place. Depends if things go that fast.

I know you weren't wondering what I did this past weekend. THIS is where I went. I brought my sister and two of her friends. O and K. Both fun guys. On the phone before going I told her I wasn't driving as I wanted to get a little bit on the intoxicated side. I made her promise not to let me make out with O or K as I don't want to blur the lines.

We both had a great time. I haven't drank like that in a while and it was great. I was a little amorous at the end of the night and knew that D was out with his friends too and well....

2 Comments:

  • At October 14, 2008 9:54 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    First and foremost, Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving. One of the advantages of living in the U.S., but having lots of Canadian friends, is that you get to celebrate Thanksgiving twice a year.

    I know all too well how stressful buying a home can be. I wish you the best.

    Buying for a quick resell can be stressful and, if you don't know what you're doing, risky. My preference has always been to buy something that you actually want to live in for a few years.

    The way I figure, I really enjoy a place, there's a good chance that someone else will enjoy it just as much when I'm ready to sell.

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     
  • At October 15, 2008 6:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good luck on the home buying. What you said is true - a bigger home generally just means a bigger payment. And of course, it costs more to heat/cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home