darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Letter from my dad

To my Son, my Darling and my Sunshine,

We have been in two different poles of the universe. North and South. While we plan to be together in some future dates. Soon I would think. I just wanted to reach out to you and say that I miss you and love you much.

We all have grown accustomed to the status quo. I am also at fault and I am the first one to admit it. I should have jumped to every opportunity that came in front of me. I would not want you to repeat the same mistakes I did during my younger years (???).

There is a big wide world of opportunity out there for everyone. We need to get out there and find out what belongs to us as dictated by our Maker, our Lord.

Just like the story of the frog that was born at the bottom of well. He lived there with his family and was quite content. He (the frog) thought, Life does not get any better than what he has now. One day he looked up, saw light on top of the well. He became curious and wondered what was up there. So one day he decided to climb up and find out for himself. Reached the top, peered over the edge. First he saw a pond. Thousand times bigger than the well. Hopped further away and discovered a huge lake. Hopped some more miles away and reached the ocean. Now he realized how limited his thinking had been.

Many times were like him (the frog). Enclosed in our own well. A comfortable environment. All we have ever known, a certain level of living, a certain way of thinking. We settle for too little. What we all need to do is venture a bit further were we have never gone before. Dare to to dream bigger. Look out over the edge like the frog.

Our Maker has Big OCEANS. He wants us to enjoy life. But we all need to do our part, that is get outside our own little box or out of our small well. Let us not allow complacency keep us in mediocrity. We feel comfortable where we are and we use that as an excuse. I believe our Maker wants all of us to go further, be successful. Break out and get out of the mold. Focus and commit to our own to change for the better.

I know and I feel that our Maker had more in store for each of you and me. Let us keep up the faith in Him and trust Him all the time. Go out there and be blessed.

Today, don't just settle for what you have. Begin looking beyond where you are to where you want to be.

I love you all so much and I miss you all ! Stay healthy, Keep Safe always.

Say your prayers and give thanks to our maker each day. No matter how many times in a day - say thank you Lord for the favor.

Papa

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At August 08, 2007 11:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    A nice letter...I'm not sure of what his relationship has been with his kids, but it's always nice to get a letter like that.

     
  • At August 09, 2007 1:12 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Rocketman, it wasnt always great due to extensive travelling on his part. Though there is still a great distance between us, were much closer :)

    I agree letters like that are always nice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home