darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Monday, April 23, 2007

182 - burning bright

From one set of arms to another. What to think of. Really, I have no guilt. I have no bond of forever with either. Nor do they have one with me. We have a certain je ne sais quoi about it all with each other.

No they don't know each other or know about one another. I don't make promises of forever with them though we talk about the future.

There is an apparent interest in each other of parts mind, body and soul. Though not enough to confess undying love for each other. Love for now, for what we offer and bring to each other.

After being with someone wrapped in his arms and having my legs, arms and lips wrapped around him. Thinking of the time we share together. Thinking of the pleasure we bring each other. The relaxed times spent together, talking about things from the mundane, to current life events, to outright silly sometimes. There is something that pulls us together and sometimes that same thing drives us apart.

Him to the goings on of his life, keeping himself busy. Me to the goings on in my life, keeping me busy sometimes into another set of arms only to do the dance again.

I should feel something. I don't, I like what I do. I like that I am the one that decides what I will do. With who and when. In as far as I have control of it of course.

Life is short and I believe that if 2 adults get together and decide to be together for a moment, a few moments or forever. They are responsible enough to know that playing with fire has the possibility of getting burned.

I am a fire dancer. I havent always been. I used to be scared of the fire. Maybe not scred but wary of it. Tempted surely, intrigued and fascinated as well I might as well add. I don't know if I will always be but for now I seem to be living it. Ive been singed and I live to tell about it and I continue to dance a delicate dance around a flame that's ever so tempting and ever so attractive.
No matter what happens, no matter who is involved. No matter the time or the place. In order not to be consumed by the flames. One must be the fire.

Once you understand that. The dance becomes that much more interesting as you know how the flame flickers, how it moves, its instinct for survival, its defence mechanisms. Learn how to feed the fire and specially how to in the end extinguish that flame until its a burning ember.
Everyone is a flame unto themselves. We all need the basic things, we know what can suffocate and what can intensify it. We know what we need ourselves and what would hurt us. Knowing this gives us knowledge to dance with the other flames. Some have more control of what kind and how much damage their burn can create.

As dangerous and daring it is to dance with a different flame. Its something that will happen at some point in your life.

May you enjoy the dance and may you burn bright together with passion.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At April 23, 2007 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why do you have to overcome fire or flame? Can't we just use fire when only needed(once in a long time when you go camping and need to lit a fire)?
    I don't see the point of being the fire itself to complicate your life.
    And plus, fear for fire is natural as is fear for death. Otherwise, we will have to die in order to oversome the fear of dying?

     
  • At April 24, 2007 12:24 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hello Anonymous,

    Thank you for the questions they are great.

    Im not sure if we can ever overcome this thing. Its more of trying to understand it and be able to work with it so its no longer something that burns and scars but something that can be used for more positive things.

    I dont mind going through the experience of it as I know Ill be stronger for it and will be able to help other people in one way or another.

    It might not make sense to anyone but myself. Its a journey and decision that I have chosen. Maybe not forever but for now.

    I think what I enjoy is putting myself in a situation where I have to step outside of my shell, step outside of my comfort zone and in doing so learn about myself, study the reasons why I am hesitant to do things or why I look forward to others.

    (just to clarify, its not actual fire (blush) its the passion that burns)

    Why be scared of death. It is inevitable for everyone. No matter how much you try to avoid it by eating well, living well, doing good or bad, no matter your karmic destiny. It happens Accept it.

    Once youve realized its something you cant run and hide from, (personally) my outlook became simple in a way. Life is too short not to... so go ahead. What are we all waiting for?

    Whats to be scared of is its timing.

    Not sure if that answered anything but I hope that it helps shed some light on what goes on in my mind.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home