darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Thursday, April 19, 2007

180 - soup update

Left T a message about a week ago havent heard back. Kind of annoyed that I havent heard back. Not for the normal reasons but because I kinda just want to know if I should delete him from my phonebook or not. Though not hearing from him makes me want to do that anyway.

Funny, Im not sure if its because they think Ill want a relationship with them. Not what I am looking for just so were all on the same page. Maybe thats what I did wrong. Didnt clue them in. But I pretty much do. They always ask me and I always tell them that I am not looking for one and that seems to lay things out nicely. UNLESS.. maybe he was looking for something along those lines.

Have women freaked out so much that men are scared to be honest and just say it like it is. Im not interested? Or do they let time speak for them? No matter where things lead with the people in my life. Its nice to know they are around for one reason or another. Its just good to know what those reasons are.

I guess its just wanting to know and not being left to my own imagination.

This is what bothers me. We meet face to face and talk and get along to a degree. If I am not what youre looking for tell me. Id rather know that than be left to my own devices. Is it because people are scared to be honest and open? Or is it just that people dont like to give bad news?

How is it bad news if someone were to tell me that they arent interested in any or all capacity. Thats just one less person I have to think of/worry about/entertain etc etc. Life is short. The world is large, people are plentiful and time is important.

I havent heard from K in a few days so I left him a voicemail if somewhat tipsy in its content. Margaritas, and jugs of something fruity and light are the culprit but really. I was looking to have him come over... I guess it wasnt meant to be.. for that night :)

The JB situation is a bit strange to me and feels too unknown. Its darn exciting and a bit odd that I have no idea what to expect and basically just winging it :) Ive no expectations though I do enjoy whats happened so far. Yes even the uncertainty and my silly machinations that I bring into it all. Will update as things happen.

I wasnt sure if hed ever want anything to do with me after dinner and drinks. So I just left it to fate, though I did end up checking my email in case there was anything there. Yes, just like a girl. But Im sure men do that too? IF not that then something. Like counting the sleeps for when to get in touch? JK :)

Damn if I dont know any of the rules of dating or even seeing anyone. Really. Im clueless. I feel like I should come with a warning label. Ill throw this out and ask you what kind of label that should be. Should be interesting :)

Ohhh so I just checked my email and ive got an invite from JB. I guess its customary to wait a couple of days before making any contact? Let the little woman stew over every minute detail? The details I was thinking of were. The guy sitting near us at the next table seems to have a wandering eye. The way JB seemed a bit hotter when he was standing up tall and not just sitting down. How he being a lefty looked a bit awkward since I was sitting on his left, he even mentioned it but added that he would use it as an excuse to touch me. Hmm was he kidding or not? I think I did a lot more arm touches. But thats just me.

So the invite to a concert to see Martina McBride a country singer perform April 28th. Very simple email.

'Just wondering if you would like to go to this? How is your day going?

JB

Also at dinner with JB I drop my hair clip under the table accidentally!!! and it just happens to land just past his far leg. I tell him not to pay any mind to me and I am not trying to get close and touch him but I needed to pick something up. I turn my head away from his body as he looks confused and I lower my head and reach my arm out and darn if I dont have to lean my head against him a little bit. He laughs out loud a huge belly laugh and cant resists saying ' while youre down there...'

I slap his arm when I come back up and blush furiously as other tables heard his laugh and of course what he said. I just shook my head at him and tell him that I tried but couldnt find it. HA!


D was suposed come over last night but on his way over, there was a family issue he had to take care of. He sweetly asked me if I was mad at him and I wasnt mad. Just well really... frustrated as I hope he was too. Just bummed that I would have to take care of myself when I was looking forward to someone elses care and attentions :)

Maybe its for the best. He might still pass on his cold to me. Another day wont hurt in order to keep the germs at bay. So in an effort to make me feel better he wants to take me out for lunch... on top of that hes put out there that I get carte blanche on... I told him that it was dangerous to give a girl like me that option. He laughed and said he was sure to relish in whatever I choose. Must think something out of the ordinary, just to throw him off.

Hes on vacation for the while week next week and wanted to take me on a road trip, due to an unfortunate event one of the ladies I work with, her lung collapsed and is now off until the end of the month, not even sure if she will be returning. So my plans for taking any time off whether it be half day or a whole day? Not going to happen. Bummer.

B. I am meeting tonight. Nothing much to say about him yet. More to follow.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At April 19, 2007 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *** This comment is not to be meant for bashing or anything rude. Just out of my curiosity. ***
    I've been following your dating updates for quite a while and couldn't help to wonder if you are feeling too empty and lonely to chase after those temptations/short flings? Is "Desperate" the right word?
    If so, shouldn't you find the root of the causes and resolve it like finding hobbies, purposes, refocus and re-organize your life?

     
  • At April 20, 2007 10:09 AM, Blogger darling said…

    I think everyone feels empty and lonely at some point. I wont say I dont feel that, lately havent felt it though.

    Keeping busy and being on the go tends to do that.

    As far as chasing the temptations/short flings. Thats exactly what they are. Flings. Not meant to be something permanent.. for now... right?

    I could be wrong as Im not so sure sometimes. My life is a work in progress you see and Im not all that great a dater and I think I might not be doing things 'right' but it works for me.

    Take for example, JB and D. Out of group, they are the ones that might possibly become something? But its hard to tell as Its all pretty new and things are still unfolding.

    Wouldnt I be 'desperate' if I were the one to be chasing these men? Just my thought on that.

    I dont think theres any root to find as Im on an exploration. Male/Female relationships, sex, adventures and constant self challenges are some of the things I am interested in and if in the process I learn about myself, my body and how other peoples bodies are affected by it. Great!

    My hobbies and interests - some of them tend to be personal though I am open to sharing with people as I do here.

    I also learn other things from these people. From Stock market trends to foreign travels to religions etc.

    I guess I dont talk a lot about the things that I enjoy doing other than what seems to be on the burner.

    I knit, read, write, cook, maintain friendships and through all that try to keep up a healthy lifestyle by eating well and not letting my body go.

    I also have 3 jobs. 1 full time and 2 part time ones. My list of things I like to do/hobbies might fall short to some people but Im open to a lot of things and should I fit time in for them I do enjoy it.

    My purpose in life? Do more good than bad. Live well and true. Spread happiness and live to share it. Taking time to refocus at certain points in life is important.

    I find that once I organize something theres always something else that needs tweaking its never really organized. Just improved.

    I enjoy everything I do whether its work, hobby or disappointments. Its all part of life which is short and I make the most of what I have.

    :) I appreciate the comment and thank you for leaving one. As it made me think and reminded me that theres nowhere were supposed to be than where we are at the moment.

    The power of choice is a beautiful thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home