darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Friday, June 22, 2007

233 - bottom line

Garsh!

Did I mention that the place I work isn't very employee friendly? I mean Its all about the bottom line and no matter how well you do its never enough and while they are happy to let you know what you could do better on. Where you go above and beyond isn't recognized.

Is it so hard for employers and management to realize that a happy worker is a more efficient worker? Common sense. Like in a marriage. Happy Wife Happy Life. No one argue please, its true.

When the focus becomes all about how we can make the company bigger, better and richer. Ill admit its great to be able to work together as a group. When there is no incentive, no appreciation, no word of thank you, great job at the end. It leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Maybe I am an attention whore. Maybe I want to jump up and down while waving my arms in meetings saying look at me, look at me!! Tell me how wonderful I am. Its not just for me though. I want the company to realize that the people that work there is an asset they cant afford to lose.

Are we all the same? We want the most for the least. I want to work the least amount as possible for the most I can get. For them, they want the most out of me for the least they can pay.

I know that if I ever leave here, the place wont fall apart. Someone will be sitting at my desk doing the same thing I was doing. I know though, that it wont be like how I did it. Well.

This is starting to sound gloomy. Ill stop. Just frustrated and cant vocalize it properly.

Ive been asked to go in on a wedding gift for one of my managers. Who frankly @#$% ...%$#@ I looked at the people who were looking at me expecting me to rave over their wonderful idea and thought. This company has done nothing for you. They didn't wish you a happy birthday without someone mentioning it to them when they came in. The card they signed for you wasn't from the company, it came from your coworkers. The cake you went ga ga over came out of someone Else's pocket.

I Just wonder sometimes if its all about the bottom line. Does anyone care?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post paints me out to be bitchy. I'm not, I don't mean to be. I'm just sad/mad at how people are treated.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At June 24, 2007 8:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You're not being bitchy at all. It's actually a very good post and sums up the unfortunate reality of much of the workaday world - that we're just cogs in a big machine, being used up and also quite expendable when 'the Man' no longer sees fit to keep us around.

    The solution, in my view, is to be as skilled and educated as possible, so that, if circumstances dictate, you are a 'marketable' person who could easily work elsewhere.

     
  • At June 25, 2007 9:15 AM, Blogger John Daicopoulos said…

    ...or we could, as cogs, fuck with the system. When we leave, as I am leaving teaching after 18 years, we finally say what we've felt: enough!

    John

     
  • At June 25, 2007 10:25 AM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I think that there are people who aren't necessarily always thinking about the bottom line. Those are the people that care about their people, and those are the ones that we usually think of the good bosses/managers.

     
  • At June 26, 2007 8:16 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Rocketman, If I ever leave this place, there will always be a small part of me that knows that this place wont be the same without me.

    Hi John, Ahhh yes, there is that feeling. Id like to throw a wrench in some places.

    18 years you say? thats as long time.

    Hi Scotty, you are right there are people that care, its not all bad.

    Its just frustrating to see how other people are treated sometimes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home