darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

225 - room service

You know when you have a bad feeling? When there's a little bell ringing telling you something is up? A tingle up your spine letting you know to be alert?

I felt that last night after being with M. I had the room to myself and felt frustrated as I usually do after spending time with him. I cant decide if its a good fristration or not. Thats for another post. He had to get something in his car he says. He took his things and was off.

Here comes the start of the tug of something not right. Takes everything he brought with him. He even asked me if I wanted anything and I just mentioned a bottle of water would be nice. Usually hell have things with him and have drinks poured. Not this time. He calls me from his car as he was driving back. Apologizing, letting me know that he had to take care of something and was important.

My Lie Radar went off and I didn't say anything on the phone for a minute and surprisingly I was pretty calm. Imagined his nether regions spontaneously combusting, that made me feel better. First time I thought of that and it made me smile and have a mental giggle. I didn't share that with him though. I just listened to his half arsed excuses and looked around the room and enjoyed the view. Fabulous view.

He throws out that he might be back in about 30 minutes and if I am hungry to order something from room service. Oh you bet Ill order something from room service. @$$..

I know the following will make me look like a complete witch but I didn't put out all the details of what happened and you don't need to know. It hasn't registered as funny to me so Ill save it until it does seem funny.. then its OK for me to share. Deal?

Here's what I had for dinner.


CRAB RILLETTE / RILLETTE DE CRABE
Smoked Salmon Blinis, Tarragon Pesto
blinis au salmon fumé, pistou à l’estragon


BABY GREEN PANACHE / PANACHE DE MINI LAITUE
Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes,
Preserved Cucumber, Carrot Ribbons
& Chardonnay Vinaigrette
tomates cerises rôties au four, concombre


OVEN ROASTED PORK TENDERLOIN / FILET DE PORC AU FOUR
Wrapped in Bayonnaise Ham with a Brie Melt,
Roasted Garlic Whipped Potato Pan Jus Reduction
enroulé de jambon de Bayonne avec une fondue au fromage Brie,
purée de pomme de terre à l’ail rôti avec réduction de vin rouge


WHITE CHOCOLATE PARFAIT / PARFAIT DE CHOCOLAT BLANC
With Seasonal Berries
avec baies en saison

I can tell you that room service was excellent, food was excellent and I had a fantastic time enjoying the 22nd floor view of the Parliament buildings and of The Supreme Court etc, which I dutifully enjoyed au naturel. Walking around in a robe was great and even more decadent was walking around the hotel room naked with all the blinds pulled open.

The balcony, spacious and clean made for a great place to enjoy dinner.

Now, I know hell get the bill soon enough. Ill feel guilty over it later on. I know, how can I sleep at night? Like a baby. Maybe an addition to the woodchipper...

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At June 13, 2007 2:03 PM, Blogger Scotty said…

    So he says that he is going to 'get something' from his car, then ends up taking all of his stuff... then driving somewhere?

    You should have knocked on your neighbors' door and asked if they wanted anything.

     
  • At June 13, 2007 3:28 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hey Scotty,

    I wasnt paying attention but yeah, he said he had to pick something up from his car, got his stuff, which wasnt much at all. Says he got a phone call that was important while he was out and said he might have to go.

    Thats when I got the hmmmm something fishy is happening..

    I felt sneaky doing what I did. I did think of calling my sister over. Neighbours might have been interested in something other than what was on the menu HA!

     
  • At June 13, 2007 4:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    A good dinner and a chance to walk around naked in a hotel room to salvage what may otherwise have been a very negative experience - get that wood chipper revved up!

     
  • At June 13, 2007 5:51 PM, Blogger Scotty said…

    Yeah, still sounds fishy to me..

     
  • At June 13, 2007 7:06 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    You had all of that food and you call me?!? I'm offended.

    Okay - I'm not. I just felt like saying it.

    BTW - after reading your blog posts - a friend of mine who owns a bar and I created a new drink. We call it The Wood Chipper. It's guaranteed to make you forget about whoever it is that you want to throw in there.

    Love & laughter,
    Frank
    Frank

     
  • At June 14, 2007 9:09 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Rocketman, I wouldnt let that ruin my evening. Maybe in the past, but not this time. :)

    vroom vroom. Oh wait thats revving engines lol

    Hey Scotty, fishy and rude

    Hi Frank, I knew you werent that delicate:)

    Guaranteed you say??? :P

    Cheers to you and the bar owner for plucking that out of my blog and bringing it to life :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home