darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

220 - the only thing thats yours.

My bladder is getting back at me for neglecting to do what I was supposed to on Saturday night. 11 hours without a bathroom break and about 6 bottles of water. I lost my voice by the end of Saturday night. Someone told me I sounded like Stevie Nicks that night... which I have to ask those of you who are familiar with her musical stylings. Is it a good thing to sound like her?

I did a lot of screaming and not the usual kind that you expect to do when your team scores and the crowd goes wild. Every score that game, the crowd went wild with screaming, yelling and fists pumping. Me? I was screaming things like.

- You there in the baby blue shirt and faded jeans, Id like to sleep with you NOW. Tell your friend hes next!

- I'm a lesbiannnn... I like women..... no one can hear me.. good... cz I really like mennnn!!

- Who wants to see me jump into this tub of water???!?!? nakedddd??

someone actually offered me money to do that. His first offer was 10$ I told him I would take that as a tip for the beer I was handing him. His second offer was 50$ I told him that would cover my manicure. The last offer he had was 300$ I told him to put it on the table and get ready to be splashed. He asked if he could take a picture and I said no deal. Wouldn't want evidence of silly things that I do. Its nice enough in my memory :)

- Ive got a crush on too many guys and if I continued to scream and yell about it by the time you all have stopped Ill be the only one screaming and that would be very embarrassing!!

The other people I was working with who were standing 3 feet away? Didn't have a clue about the things I was screaming. The crowd was that loud. I was yelling and screaming out a whole lot of thing that had nothing to do with hockey. It was a lot of fun.


Ever since that Saturday and my neglect for my bladder, its like every hour, no matter what Ive had to drink if I had anything to drink I head off to the Lil girls room. All because now my bladder is on strike and is getting back at me. I know it wasn't the greatest to leave it that long. It couldn't be helped unless there was a forest nearby or if they were handing out Pee-mates (sic)

Very handy little things for large crowds and not enough facilities. The plus to this handy dandy thingy is that its for both males and females.

------------------------------------------------------

The function I worked last night bartending was fun, they had great music, a lot of people dancing making good use of it, they had a jumbo slide for people to climb and weeeee all the way down, had a section for a bikes to ride around in. The bikes looked like the ones clowns would use in a circus. 3 wheels and painted brightly. Big screen TVs and a huge buffet for the hungry. The MC was great and us bartenders were hopping around filling orders and getting our flirt on.

Ive noticed though that I flirt a lot. More then the other girls that were there. Ill flirt with men and tease the women. Have to make sure that everyone gets the spotlight even for a few moments. Good karma. Spread the Love and full circles and all that.

Good memory helps, personal info like names, jobs, family, pets and specially what they drink comes in handy. It keeps them coming back for more. Now whether its the actual drink or who pours their drink that brings them back I'm not 100% sure But Id like to think its me. Really though I know its the drink that brings them back. But its me they go to instead of the other ladies I work with. They'll stand and wait in a line so they can be served by yours truly.

Whenever one of the other ladies asks one of my regulars who are waiting in line for a drink if they can help them, they always smile and say 'no thank you I'm waiting for Darling'. I always blush like a schoolgirl, look at them with a small smile and wink like a minx. Of course by the time they get to me Ive got their drink ready made and have something clever to say to make them laugh and make sure they have a great time.

The reason I like getting info like names and other things is because they know my name. How?Its says so right there on the tag attached to my top. All in caps. DARLING. Also everyone I work with calls out my name if they need something or need to know how to work something. So they hear it and see it and so they use it. I always find it strange not knowing someones name when they know mine. Although... switch it around and I don't mind so much if I keep the mystery... Its my name!! If I have the choice? Ill hold on to it as long as I can. Its a gift, special, meant for those that I want to share it with.


Kind of hokey pokey I know. What can I say?

Someone once told me that your name is the only thing that's yours. It made sense at the time to me, I cant explain how... but Its the most personal thing about you. Your name. Think about it and hopefully you might agree even to a small extent. Everything else? isn't yours like your name is.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At June 05, 2007 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Darling,
    You must have sounded like
    Kim Carnes singing "Bette Davis Eyes" .. which, by the way I like
    that song ! lol

    TS

     
  • At June 05, 2007 7:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Could've sworn I posted a comment earlier...anyway, Stevie Nicks has a voice that isn't the most pure, though certainly not as coarse-sounding as Kim Carnes. Nicks also sounds a bit nasal.

     
  • At June 06, 2007 8:07 AM, Blogger John Daicopoulos said…

    I envy you, in more than one way, that you get to watch the Ottawa - Anaheim series. No hockey her in Oz and the web feed from the CBC can only be accessed from Canada! What's the point...of living...well ok there's a point.

    John

     
  • At June 06, 2007 8:23 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hello Ts,

    Good to see you here again. Ill have to listen to the song which you like :)

    Hi Rocketman,

    Ill have to take a listen to both of them and hope that its a good thing to sound similar :)

    Hi John,

    Youve mentioned one. :) lol JK I didnt know that it could only be accessed within Canada. Thats doesnt sound right.

    All we need is one, some are lucky to have more :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home