darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

214 - self defence

My sister and I were early for the self defence class that was scheduled for last night. We watched some hockey in different arenas and then walked into the room the class was being held and we in the way only we as sisters could create silliness. Made up a dance routine. Much like our synchronized swim routine we choreographed years ago.

Legs kicking, arms curving in the air, chests out and laughter that you couldn't resist joining. We laughed for a good solid 30 minutes. There was a wall of mirrors so that we could really work with it and on the opposite wall from the mirrors were windows to view one hockey arena. I talked her into doing the routing on front of the mirrors. What a hoot!

We did handstands cartwheels and all this with laughter. Mostly at memories of us doing that on the front lawn of the house when we were younger and cars honking at us.

Good times.

We sat for a bit and walked around a bit when we both got tired. All that laughing, dancing and having a great time really takes a lot out of you. We sat and talked about how great it would be to nap. When the self defence instructor arrived.

We were a bit bummed that he came at all because we were tired but happy that we would learn something, hopefully new. Which we did!

The giggles continued on to the warm up portion. Hes got the funniest work out and made us wiggle, twist and shake which made me not want to look at my sister for fear of bursting into wild laughter. She and I made sure not to have eye contact during warm up. It was for the best. Kind of reminded me of how things were when we went to Church years ago with the whole family. Giggle fits.

What we learned. Various way to strike, knees to the solar plexus, what I like to call a closed fisted backhand to the face. Side kicks and an elbow.. blow :) UFC like.

My own terminology here, so I apologize to my self defence instructor for butchering what they are actually called but If it does the trick then its all right.

We also did take downs, hip throws which my sister and I kept doing to each other throughout the class. Much fun and very effective in a dark and crowded dance flow to thwart off unwanted attention from men. Or if you just feel like taking down someone and jumping on top of them... this would be very effective.

We also learned how to regain control if someone somehow got us on our back, either pressing on our shoulders or if they have us in a choke hold.. either leaning over us from one side and the other was over us straddling our bodies. Very easy and effective methods. Of course if they have me in any of these situation in real life. I would hope that my brain thinks quick and recalls what to do.

After the class we went to a bar and watched the the first hockey game of the Stanley Cup finals. Ottawa VS Anaheim. Ottawa lost 2-3. My sister and I were still touched with the giggles and had a grand Ole time laughing away at people, places and things around us.

I'm sure people were wondering what we were laughing at certain parts of the game. When things weren't looking good for Ottawa. We were laughing at someone stumbling on the ice and falling. Mature? No not really. But a lot of fun. So much laughter that we had sore cheeks from the amount that we did laugh.

At the end of the game, we were both tired and exhausted. I got home and talked to D for a bit about our days and to share in anything interesting and exciting. At the same time I got things ready for a shower and ended up falling asleep instead.

I woke up about 30 minutes later and was kind of sad that I was alone. I called D and asked him if he wanted to come over after work. I told him we didn't have to have sex. I just wanted to be with someone for a while. (After the phone call I thought myself all sorts of silly. Who would jump at the chance to come over and lie with a most probably naked me..) He said he would love to but he had just finished working a d 17 hour day... We made plans for lunch the next day (now today) instead.

I could use a pick me up :)

I left the shower until the morning and more to come on the hard hat and high heels...

Other things.
Have my physical planned for this afternoon. Hmm stirrups.
Got results back from blood work.
Need to renew birth control pills from the dear Dr.
Had an unfortunate incident involving me, my car and a steel post.
(I'm OK... my pride? not so much)
Playing pool tonight with my sister and maybe other people.
Looking for a new cell phone. Super glue will no longer hold it together.
Today is the first day Ive worn panties in a week. Save on laundry! TMI?... sorry
Need to get in touch with soup
Might have a trip planned for TO with a friend in the next few weeks. We shall see.
Brothers BDay is coming this weekend.
Taking lots of pictures of the dogs
Aunts BDay is also coming up.. sometime after brothers BDay
Donating blood end of June.
Spending lots of time with the Little dog. Lots of attention/pampering.
The Big dog is a bit jealous.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At May 29, 2007 9:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'd better watch out...looks like you can kick some serious a**! :)

     
  • At May 31, 2007 8:37 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hey Rocketman,

    Its all talk so far. Being in the actual situation... Lets hope my memory serves me well.

    Be careful.. be very very careful...

    LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home