darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Monday, May 28, 2007

212 - cool

The need for an air conditioning unit is high. I'm on the top floor of an apartment building with sun streaming in from sunrise until about 4pm. It doesn't cool until the sun goes down. If there is a breeze I hope its a cool breeze and not just shuffling around heavy humid air.

Last night I get a phone call letting me know that there is a sale on at Future Shop on one particular AC unit. I debate on whether I want to go and try to get my sister to come with me. She has plans already made and cant get out of it to come with me. That's OK, maybe Ill wait though I'm told that at the price they were advertising them at might mean that there wouldn't be any left when I do go to see them.

I get a call from my brother who has no plans and I ask if he wants to go with me and soon we off to get my first ever AC unit.

We see a few models and as I have no idea about ACs other than they make your house colder. I read the features on the boxes and at how they are 3 in 1s now, fan, dehumidifier and ac unit. Fancy. I'm looking at a portable unit as I'm against unsightly things sticking out of my window. Ranging from 250-499. I get a crash course on how much space a 5000 BTU unit would cool. A room apparently, that wouldn't be fit to do a whole apartment. Next one up I look at looks promising. 9000 BTUs, able to cool a bigger space, this one at 499$ The price is not appealing.

I look around and compare between models and sizes. One of the managers comes up to me and lets me know that he has available only for today, a sale on the last box of a 10000 BTU unit. I smiled and asked him what was wrong with it. He laughed and said that nothing was wrong with it. He told me about it. I asked questions about the unit, warranty, installation and other things.

I told him I didn't know anything about ACs and that I appreciate the time that hes spent with me. I told him I would discuss a few thing with my brother and would find him with a decision. I walked around a few minutes with my brother and did the pros and cons with him. More pros than cons. Big con was I wasn't doing any comparisons. I told him Id fix that and called 2 people who have some knowledge of ACs.

Both phone calls resulted in me purchasing the AC. I was grateful to have people to call and talk to about what I was about to do. Made it seem like I wasn't getting ripped off completely.

So I saved 200$. I was thinking, even if they were lying to me about it being on sale as it wasn't on the floor or anything. Just up on the rafters collecting dust. For the size of it and the amount of BTUs its still a good price. Other models that only had 9000BTUs were priced at 499$. This one seemed like a good deal to me even without talking to other people about it.

When I got home I had my brother set it up for me and I couldn't turn it on right away as I had to let the Freon settle. Once he had things arranged he took off and I spent some time getting things organized, nothing exciting. Though it was all done in the nude. If you find that kind of thing exciting :)

Where we had it made it stick out and look like an eyesore as it didn't match with anything that I owned. So I took it apart and moved it to the other corner where it wouldn't be such an eyesore. Heavy bugger. It made it and more importantly, I made it.

I turned it on and sweet cold air. If you're picturing it. I'm standing in front of the unit sans apparel and the air is blowing right at me, you guessed it.

D came over earlier than usual and he took a look at how I put everything together to make sure I didn't miss anything. I didn't. He didn't think it was an eyesore but he did say it didn't match anything I owned. I told him that he should have seen it before I moved it to where it currently is.

He showed me a couple of things about how it worked and then we went into my room and we both smiled because we knew what was coming ahead. A lot of kissing, licking and stroking were some of the things that were on the list.

Its still new and exciting. I wonder if the sex will ever get unexciting. I mean there are still things to try with each other. I think mid March or so is when we started to copiously couple. I think last night might be the first night hes been privy to seeing my hands on my breasts.

So, saying that, Its fun. I'm not in a rush to whip out my sexual resume in front of him to let him know what I have done but its fun to let things come naturally (pun intended) Even if its something as having my hands on my own body.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At May 28, 2007 1:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The most exciting appliance post I have ever read. :)

    Anyway, it might be the best investment you'll make this summer. There's nothing like cool comfort during the heat of summer - especially if you live on the 4th floor!

    When I buy something that doesn't match the decor, I just call it the 'eclectic' look and laugh.

     
  • At May 29, 2007 8:57 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Rocketman,

    Ahh the AC how it brings me much goosebumps.

    :) I dont know what its like on the 4th :P LOL but I can tell you what its like on the 12th :)

    I cant wait to have those scorching hot days! Ill go out and enjoy it and come home to yummy coolness.

    Ahhh pleasure :)

     
  • At May 29, 2007 9:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ooops, I misread the 'top floor...4PM' segment as 4th floor. So you're even higher? Wow, it's good you did buy that air conditioner.

     
  • At May 30, 2007 7:36 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hey Rocketman,

    I thought thats where you got the 4th from :) Yeah higer and closer to the sun!

    Its nice to come home to thats for sure.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home