darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Thursday, March 08, 2007

155 - phone call

He called me. As I was watching a movie at home with my sister. My phone rings. I excuse myself. I check the phone number and its one of the many that my place of work uses. I wonder who it could be and maybe its something important.

Darling Hello Darling speaking

Coworker w my # Hey there pretty lady, how are you?

Darling I'm good thank you, how are you? (its not an important call (sigh) its him)

CoW# I'm good, what are you up to?

Darling I'm in the middle of a movie with my sister. (YAY no awkward and apparent lying for me)

CoW# Oh OK, I just wanted to say hi and talk about a few things.

Darling I see, well, I'm sure we will see each other at work. Anyway, Ive got to get going.

CoW# oh OK, lets get together at work sometime

Darling Have a good night!

That was the highlight of the conversation. I tried to keep it short but it lasted a few minutes. There was nothing interesting and I felt bad for wishing I didn't pick up the call. Should have let my voice mail take it.

So I did give him my real number. I was debating it before. History tells me I would have given him my actual number like I did. (another story for another time)

So I'm still trying to blend in and not attract attention. Silly shoes give me away though. Maybe its time to retire them and find a pair of (gulp) silent, unobtrusive blend into the woodwork loafers? LOL Nah I don't think so. Ill just have to start training in these heels to run :) Better yet, fend off an unwanted advance from the opposite sex.

What do you think? would that be sexier than Lara Croft? pencil skirt, stockings, stilettos, blouse doing roundhouse kicks and back flips? lol

Our paths cross daily and I know that he tries to coordinate my whereabouts with where he will be so I'm always doing things at different times of the day from what I had done the day before. I'm an ordinary girl with an extraordinary social schedule sometimes. Nothing to see here. Keep it moving...

Oh and last night? While I was sitting in my living room. I was hoping someone would magically appear sitting beside me so I could well... sit on his lap and well... grab a handful of cushion tight and hang on...

Just in one of those moods again... still.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Its my sisters Birthday today :) Shes the best. I dont tell her enough that I love her. She knows things about me that not many people do. She has a comfortable couch to sleep on. Her cat and dog are cute and Im wondering what to get her. I know!! Ill get her something we'll both laugh at and that shell secretly love while she pretends its no big deal. Now to find that before dinner tonight.

Theres nothing in this world that I can get her that would show how much I love her. Maybe thats why I am having such a difficult time thinking of something for her. My mind moving to the land of possibilities. Id love to take her on a trip to London or France, Sweden or Australia. Knowing her, shed tell me she would be happy going to San Diego or somewhere on the Coast.

There was a lottery jackpot in the US for something quite large, somthing around the sum of 350 million dollars. If I was lucky enough to win (wishful thinking) Id share. Thats plenty to go around and still have much to roll around in, invest and Id love to make peoples dreams come true if I could...

Shake off the dreamworld for a while. My phone is ringing...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At March 08, 2007 5:47 PM, Blogger George said…

    If he becomes persistent you'll have to tell him to stop calling you. I know you don't like stuff like that and you will feel bad about being so rough on him ... but you will have to ... better get it over with sooner or later.

     
  • At March 09, 2007 9:19 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi George,

    Im not good at being the bearer of that kind of news... but if it comes to that. I know Ill have to do what needs to be done.

    :)

     
  • At March 09, 2007 3:26 PM, Blogger Joel GL said…

    I figure either you're being too nice to this guy, or he's really dense.

    Also, neither I nor my racquetball partner are anywhere near "professionals"-- we don't tend to get nailed with the ball very often.

     
  • At March 09, 2007 3:47 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hey Joel,

    :) Probably a bit of both im thinking.

    LOL I think its preetty much because Im thinking I would either run into a wall, or get a facefull of racket. Give me a tennis court instead. :)

    But racquetball is a great workout.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home