darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

169 - rain checks

K, what to do with K. An analyst. Has strange quirks which amuse me. Intriguing, as I wonder how he would have me profiled. Normal he said after a few hours of conversations spread over some time. I have to question that and did. He made valid arguments and I countered them with more valid points. I wasn't sure which side I was on. I didn't want to be normal as being different is nice and I also didn't want to be abnormal as its not nice to be the odd one out.

He made the conclusion that I was normal and the abnormal part of it was that I was able to articulate and share/be open about things that not many people would. *(Liza mentioned this in one of her comments on a previous post)

Great conversations covering a wide array of topics from, the mundane to taboo. Serious tones and lighter tones all mixed in to make things uncannily comfortable. Conversation flowed and he mentioned somewhere that he'd like to get together. Possibly this weekend.

Usually I would have made a joke about it and tease him about it however this time. I didn't. I heard something in his voice that made me pause. Choosing my words carefully I started to speak only to find that my voice sounded like his. Uncertain, vulnerable and hopeful.

The part of the conversation that I want to recall I cant do so in detail. I want to remember as it was very interesting. Maybe its not the time to think about that. Maybe.

I mentioned that I noticed that his tone changed, he told me hes not used to something like this. Hes used to doing it a certain way. I asked him what was different about this time. He said there is an emotional connection now and he doesn't feel in control. I sighed and felt relieved and said 'if it makes you feel any better... I don't feel in control either'.

After that the tone went back to being a bit lighter. So plans have been made for this weekend. Well, they haven't been made yet as hes left the ball in my court leaving me to contact him with details.

Before nodding off to sleep. My thoughts were of how it would be taken if I were to tell someone that I am attracted to their mind above other things.

-----------------------------

OK so he sent me a text message on the day we were supposed to meet asking for a rain check and said that he could lie to me but was really nervous about getting together and was basically chickening out. He did say we would talk again for sure. So nothing happening with K so far. But really. Hes got an amazing mind that really makes mine want to know more.

Ill call him tonight sometime and see how he is. Some things I am shy about, other things, not so much. I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to whether people aren't interested in me. Even MORE clueless if they are. Go figure.

Someone tell me what that means?

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At April 03, 2007 3:35 PM, Blogger afrobev said…

    It never ceases to amaze me the male interest that you receive Darling. You must have it all going on :)

     
  • At April 04, 2007 12:27 AM, Blogger Liza said…

    Hey there!

    Thanks for the shout-out about my previous comment - I feel hugged!

    As for what being-clueless-when-someone-is-interested-in-you-means, well, I think reading over your entry you kind of already know. You are so used to flirting and intimate, yet not totally deep connections (not that it's bad), when someone honestly seems to like you, recognizes your amazing intellect as well as being physically attracted to you, it's hard to recognize it for what it is.

    And it's equally difficult to trust that it is real. I hope he's truly being refreshingly honest and that you find the deeper connection you are hoping for (otherwise, Prince Charming sounds very nice indeed)!

    ^_^ Liza

     
  • At April 04, 2007 8:37 AM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi James,

    It comes and goes thats for sure. If only it were steady :) But then it mmight not sound as exciting lol

    As for having it all going on? When it needs to work it works.. I hope :)

    Hello Liza,

    Very neat that you both said something similar.

    LOL didnt someone at some point, somewhere mention fireworks? I think Id notice that!! lol

    Theres no reason for me to think he isnt being honest but Ive been burned in that area before lol However if nothing comes of this Ill know theres one less person tto consider.

    Prince Charming... now what to do with this one. Hmmm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home